Windows 10: License Key Missing After Crash

Discus and support License Key Missing After Crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, after going through all kinds of headache with this: Move Installation To Another Machine I now have my desktop back. But somewhere during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cDreamDancer, Feb 19, 2020.

1. License Key Missing After Crash

So, after going through all kinds of headache with this:
    Move Installation To Another Machine

I now have my desktop back.

But somewhere during the whole ordeal, the license key became invalid.

The machine is a Windows 7 Ultimate that was upgraded through the free upgrade process.

Any help on getting the Validation back on the machine is very helpful.

I have the original drives from the machine intact, the machine is running two new drives.
    Of which one of the drives will be needing a replacement soon, ...

Ok, the edit was because the browser attached a screenshot of the browser to the post, wtf?

:)

cDreamDancer, Feb 19, 2020
  2. RolandJS Win User

License Key Missing After Crash

I don't remember the names right now, however, there are several utilities that can sniff out the product key and the license number -- I think. Before reinstalling anything, check the utilities listed by some of the members in here, and over in bleepingcomputer.com.

RolandJS, Feb 19, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Roland.... This what you're referring to? Superfly's Show Key Plus?

ShowKeyPlus

f14tomcat, Feb 19, 2020
  4. hawkman Win User

Hi

did miss something, its a MAK key

If you have a MAK product key, you can check how many activations remain using Volume Activation Management (VAMT) Tool:

1. Download and install Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT).
    2. Go to Product Keys in the left pane.
    3. Enter the Product Key and a Remark (as description) under the “Add Product Key” section.
    4. Click on Verify button, and click on Add Product Key button.
      License Key Missing After Crash [​IMG]
    5. Highlight the product key in the list below, and click on Refresh Product Key Data Online on the right Actions pane.
      License Key Missing After Crash [​IMG]
    6. Check the product keys listing frame for remaining activation count, which means the number of times that product key can still be used to activate a Microsoft Windows or Office system.

Roy

hawkman, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. License Key Missing After Crash - Similar Threads - License Key Missing

2. License key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License key: I bought an Acer aspire laptop back in 2019 and the m.2 ssd stopped working. I switched it with a new one but it has no boot options. How can I get the same version of windows that I had in this laptop?...
  3. License key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License key: I bought an Acer aspire laptop back in 2019 and the m.2 ssd stopped working. I switched it with a new one but it has no boot options. How can I get the same version of windows that I had in this laptop?...
  4. License key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows load after HD crash. Need license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows load after HD crash. Need license key: I have an HP h9-1350 original owner. This was a Windows 7 or 8 operating system that was upgraded to Windows 10.My hard drive crashed yesterday and is not accessible. I made no backup or rescue disk or otherwise. I know its the drive because I borrowed an SSD drive preloaded...
  6. Windows load after HD crash. Need license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows load after HD crash. Need license key: I have an HP h9-1350 original owner. This was a Windows 7 or 8 operating system that was upgraded to Windows 10.My hard drive crashed yesterday and is not accessible. I made no backup or rescue disk or otherwise. I know its the drive because I borrowed an SSD drive preloaded...
  7. Windows load after HD crash. Need license key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Data missing after crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data missing after crash: I have had a few crashes on my Windows 10 machine HP Zbook 15G2. I thought they might be related to heat. Even though the machine didn't feel crazy hot, the computer is a bit older about 4.5 years, I was running a lot of programs at the time, and the computer allowed itself...
  9. Crashes due to missing Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes due to missing Windows 10 license?: hi i bought a pc and i have windows 10 on it but no license. i had a lot of bluescreens and games apps closed by themselves. could it be because of the missing license because i am thinking about either investing the money in a license or sending it back. [ATTACH]...
  10. License Key Missing After Crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License Key Missing After Crash: So, after going through all kinds of headache with this: Move Installation To Another Machine I now have my desktop back. But somewhere during the whole ordeal, the license key became invalid. The machine is a Windows 7 Ultimate that was upgraded through the free upgrade...