Windows 10: License key recovery after Hardware failure.

Discus and support License key recovery after Hardware failure. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so originally I got my win10pro license key after upgrading from win7 for free. Today my hardware died and I had to setup a new PC. I have a MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nupcake, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Nupcake Win User

License key recovery after Hardware failure.

Hi,

so originally I got my win10pro license key after upgrading from win7 for free. Today my hardware died and I had to setup a new PC. I have a MS account that I used to login into my old PC. I figured my license key would carry over to my new hardware when I login here but I guess I haven't tied it to my account?

The PC I'm using right now is absolutely the only device I would be using the key / account / win10 on.

Any chance I could get my license key to this hardware?

Thanks.

:)

Nupcake, Jan 11, 2019
  2. dlma Win User

Recovery of Windows 10 with Refurbisher License key

I have an HP computer with Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit with a Refurbisher license key.

It took over 3 hours to configure the computer.

I have an image backup of the computer and want to restore it onto a newer and faster Dell computer.

According to Microsoft support, I have to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure the apps on the Dell because the license key on the HP was a Refurbisher licence key. I can't use the Windows 10 Pro license that came with the Dell, or purchase another Win
    10 Pro license key.

How do other companies deal with disaster recovery or hardware upgrades with Windows 10?

3. one key recovery

Hi Nawaxx,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to download and install the latest software for ‘One Key Recovery’ from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, uninstall the software and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the driver and click on properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for Run in Compatibility mode.
    • Select Windows 8 from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and then OK.
    • Install the driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2019
  4. baraki t Win User

Recovery Key

Thank you for the reply.

On the link you mentioned there are five steps to turn off the recovery key and I couldn't find I don't own this phone anymore
    option which is 2nd on the list.

Could you please help me how to find that option.

Thank you!!!

baraki t, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. License key recovery after Hardware failure. - Similar Threads - License key recovery

2. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  3. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license key not activating after hardware change: Laptop user here. My old windows license key is not activating after installing windows on a different SSD. I have backup of previous license key, but it is not working now.My Microsoft account is showing 2 version of the same devicess attached.I tried all the methods shown...
  4. Windows license key not activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this hardware failure?: Following clean-ups of my C drive, Windows suddenly began acting hostile towards my management and restricted nearly everything.I cannot access my desktop, not my harddrives, not the startup menu, my admin rights were revoked and I can't even access regular settings.I tried...
  6. Is this hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this hardware failure?: Following clean-ups of my C drive, Windows suddenly began acting hostile towards my management and restricted nearly everything.I cannot access my desktop, not my harddrives, not the startup menu, my admin rights were revoked and I can't even access regular settings.I tried...
  7. failure to activate after hardware change

failure to activate after hardware change: I am moving from one laptap to a newer one. On the old one Win10 is activated and licensed and shows up on my microsoft account. I switch the drive to the new computer and all is fine except that when I try to activate and it tells me that I have had a hardware change, and...
  8. Reactivation failure after hardware intervention.

Reactivation failure after hardware intervention.: Hi. My laptop had an intervention with SSD and harddisk failure. post that, windows 10 home edition is installed along with new hard drive. Post installation, I tried to re-activate windows using linked microsoft account without success. Device registered in MS...
  9. recovery after harddrive failure

recovery after harddrive failure: before I had win 10 pro, office 365. The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it. Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but no pro and no office 365....
  10. W10 activation after hardware failure

W10 activation after hardware failure: I lost my motherboard on my laptop the other day and I moved my SSD to another shell. Now, I can't activate windows and I have followed all of the troubleshooting advice. Any ideas on how I can reactivate W10 digital licence on this laptop?...