Windows 10: License Key Transfer

Discus and support License Key Transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey Guys, Need Help Plzzz my old pc is not working at all but has an official win 10 copy so I just got a new laptop that has an unofficial version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SaraMoursy, Jan 15, 2019.

1. License Key Transfer

Hey Guys,

Need Help Plzzz my old pc is not working at all but has an official win 10 copy so I just got a new laptop that has an unofficial version of windows 10 so wanted to know How can I transfer my free upgraded windows 10 version from a faulty hardware to a new one?

:)

SaraMoursy, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Conor1974 Win User
    License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Jan 15, 2019
  4. License Key Transfer

Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

License Key Transfer

1. License Key Transfer - Similar Threads - License Key Transfer

2. Transferring license key to windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring license key to windows 11 install: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11 but have an MBR-based install and i'm not sure it's even possible to upgrade it in place with the secure boot requirement, so i've made an installation medium on a USB drive. The problem is that it wants me to choose from a dozen different...
  3. Transferring license key to windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring license key to windows 11 install: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11 but have an MBR-based install and i'm not sure it's even possible to upgrade it in place with the secure boot requirement, so i've made an installation medium on a USB drive. The problem is that it wants me to choose from a dozen different...
  4. How to transfer license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer license key?: Hi Team,I had Windows 10 pro version, which was upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. I am planning to buy a new laptop with Windows 11 Home version and sale my current laptop.I want to transfer Windows 11pro key from my current laptop to my new laptop AND home key from new to current...
  5. How to transfer license key?

How to transfer license key?: Hi Team,I had Windows 10 pro version, which was upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. I am planning to buy a new laptop with Windows 11 Home version and sale my current laptop.I want to transfer Windows 11pro key from my current laptop to my new laptop AND home key from new to current...
  6. Transferring License key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring License key.: I have just bought a s/hand laptop with Windows10 Pro installed but not activated. My older laptop has a working version of Pro. I think this was installed later in the life of the machine. If I go through the process for transferring the Pro key to my "new" laptop will it...
  7. Transferring License key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring License key.: I have just bought a s/hand laptop with Windows10 Pro installed but not activated. My older laptop has a working version of Pro. I think this was installed later in the life of the machine. If I go through the process for transferring the Pro key to my "new" laptop will it...
  8. Transferring License key.

9. Transfer digital license to product key

Transfer digital license to product key: Is there a way for me to do this without calling microsoft support for a remote assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-digital-license-to-product-key/14313ea7-9863-4bc5-bb90-c49b8c27022b
  10. License transfer

License transfer: I have an older laptop that had Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it free to Windows 10 Pro. I am replacing it with a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. How do I upgrade the new laptop to Pro by transferring the license from the old laptop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. license key transfer