Windows 10: License missing from pre-installed reinstall

Discus and support License missing from pre-installed reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks, So, I've got a machine that came with Windows 8 Pro preinstalled. Time went on, I used the free upgrade to Windows 10, which inherited the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndrewZabar, Dec 22, 2020.

1. License missing from pre-installed reinstall

Hey folks,

So, I've got a machine that came with Windows 8 Pro preinstalled. Time went on, I used the free upgrade to Windows 10, which inherited the Pro license. Time went on, I need to do a fresh install now because I changed some things and tried different OS (not that it's relevant, but Ubuntu definitely not for me).

So now, Windows 10 is using the Home edition, and I don't know why it did not pickup the fact that my hardware was tied to Pro edition. Initially when I got the machine, the situation was you didn't need a license, it was bound to the hardware serial.

So, do I need to install 8 Pro again, and then do upgrade, would that work? Or am I screwed?

Asus tells me I would need to purchase Windows 10 Pro again, to which I say screw that.

So, meanwhile, I am downloading an activated version, but I honestly don't know why I need to resort to this.

Advice would be welcomed, thank you.

submitted by /u/AndrewZabar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndrewZabar, Dec 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Andrew Li Win User
    How to reinstall and reactivate Windows 10 with an OEM license

Before you continue, I suggest you remove the bloatware by the Control Panel and uninstalling the junk. That is faster and easier, with less potential for problems, but the steps for reinstallation are as follows:

Before you do anything, backup valuable data, if any, on some form of media (i.e. USB) so you can move it onto the reinstalled Windows.

1. Download the appropriate ISO file from Microsoft and burn it to a CD or use it with a bootable USB.
    2. (Optional if you have no internet) Download all the appropriate drivers for your machine and save them on media for later access.
    3. Locate the product key on your machine. It is usually under the laptop on a sticker, and if not, use special software to locate it. This will be used during the reinstallation. Note that PCs sometimes auto-activate if it is in the BIOS so this step is not needed if this is case.
    4. Boot from the bootable media (disc or USB). Continue as usual through the installation, and when the partitions screen comes up, format the current Windows partition and install in there. (The Recovery partition can be deleted, but I recommend keeping it so if anything goes wrong you can restore to factory settings). If the key doesn't work you may need to contact Microsoft and activate over phone.
    5. After installation, install the drivers and run Windows Update and you're done.

Andrew Li, Dec 22, 2020
  4. License missing from pre-installed reinstall

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

License missing from pre-installed reinstall

1. License missing from pre-installed reinstall - Similar Threads - License missing pre

2. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  3. how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license: Hello Helpers, Once my laptop got crashed, so i took my pc to the service center they installed the windows 10 enterprise version with volume license, on the time of getting my pc back from service center i don't know about windows enterpriseKMS server. but later i was found...
  4. how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license: Hello Helpers, Once my laptop got crashed, so i took my pc to the service center they installed the windows 10 enterprise version with volume license, on the time of getting my pc back from service center i don't know about windows enterpriseKMS server. but later i was found...
  5. how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. How to retrieve a pre-installed windows product license

How to retrieve a pre-installed windows product license: Hey,I had an Asus laptop which is broken now because I split some water on keyboard. I cannot turn it on to retrieve the license key so that I can use it on a new Desktop which I am going to build. Are there any ways I can retrieve the license key? I lost the packaging ages...
  7. Pre installed Windows

Pre installed Windows: If i decline Pre installed windowd EULA , where i can appeal for my windows refund Cause recently i bought a laptop which comes with pre installed windows .I already have 2 retail licenses of windows 10...
  8. Activate pre-installed windows after reinstall it

Activate pre-installed windows after reinstall it: I've bought a new Asus laptop which Windows 10 Home was already installed on it. I recently found out that Windows don't function properly and maybe a clean installation could help it?But I have no idea how to reactivate Windows after reinstall itof course the same "Home"...
  9. Pre installed Apps

Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  10. Recovery fails from pre-installed partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery fails from pre-installed partition: While working on an unrelated issue with recently bought Lenovo laptop, and the manufacturer's support team recommended to perform recovery from a pre-installed partition. While doing so, recovery process goes to about 50% and then shuts down with unexpected error and rolls...