Windows 10: license problem

Discus and support license problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ky Samsung labtop came with windows 8. It upgraded for free to windows 10. But when it was send to a repairshop, it came back with windows 10 pro on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdriaanKoreman, Dec 20, 2019.

1. license problem

Ky Samsung labtop came with windows 8. It upgraded for free to windows 10. But when it was send to a repairshop, it came back with windows 10 pro on it. And now it shows 'your windows license will expire soon'. I think that the windows 8 installation files are still on the hard drive. But when I reset, it steps up immediately to this windows pro. I saved the product key with: 'wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey and press the return key. This will check if you have a valid manufacturers licence key in the bios of the motherboard.'

My first question is: Can I do a re-install of the upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 and have a licensed windows 10 on it?

My second question is: If the repair shop could erase the installation and put a windows 8.1 copy on it, using the product key that I have, would it then upgrade to a licensed windows 10?

HELP!

:)

AdriaanKoreman, Dec 20, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 20, 2019
  3. renz496 Win User
    Intel Could License AMD Radeon iGPU Tech for Future Processors

personally i think this is no different than what nvidia and intel doing right now with their current cross licensing deal. intel have been licensing nvidia IP for years and yet their gpu did not work like nvidia gpu at all. in another forum i see one of intel graphic engineer talking about the deal with nvidia is more about letting intel develop their own gpu without illegally stepping into nvidia existing IP and not about integrating nvidia tech into their gpu.

though what kyle been suggesting is something quite different. he said it is not a simply licensing it is more like intel want the entire RTG for themselves. means no more AMD radeon. but intel radeon instead.

renz496, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

license problem

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

license problem

1. license problem - Similar Threads - license problem

2. Windows Activation problem with Digital License assigned to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation problem with Digital License assigned to Microsoft Account: I'm having problem with my Windows activation. I'm upgraded to Windows 10 I'm using Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 when the free activation time. I have an Digital License which is assigned to my microsoft account but today Windows show me a message box that writes "Your...
  3. sing in problem at microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    sing in problem at microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter: I have a Microsoft account, and I use the same email for a 501C3 charity that I am in charge of. My charity has purchased a nerer version of office thru their donation program. I have to sign in using my work email address, but it will not let me set up a new account for the...
  4. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?: My mother will replace the hard drive in her computer because it's 7 years old. It has Windows 10 which was a free update from a previous version. The original copy of Windows just came with the laptop. At the moment the version of Windows works, but is just too slow....
  5. Activation problem - STdwellers - 'you don't have a valid digital license or product key'

Activation problem - STdwellers - 'you don't have a valid digital license or product key': I purchased a Win 10 Pro 64-bit license a couple of years ago from a company listed here on the Microsoft site as a Solution Provider:...
  6. Your windows license will expire soon. Why does Microsoft not solve this problem?

Your windows license will expire soon. Why does Microsoft not solve this problem?: As said above!!! * Original title: Your windows license will expire soon. Why the **** does Microsoft not solve this problem? It is a PEST!!!...
  7. Your windows license will expire soon. Why the **** does Microsoft not solve this problem?...

Your windows license will expire soon. Why the **** does Microsoft not solve this problem?...: As said above!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon-why-the-does/f684588e-26f6-4702-ac55-96e5c853f634"
  8. MS store license problems after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS store license problems after hardware upgrade: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  9. MS store license problems after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    MS store license problems after hardware upgrade: Hi im having tons of trouble with windows after installing a new motherboard. Windows would not activate with my old key at all, so I bought a new one spent an hour last night on the phone with MS trying to activate my new product key and finally did. Problem today is I cant...
  10. Possible problems with selling my PC with win10 license linked to my MS account + adding a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible problems with selling my PC with win10 license linked to my MS account + adding a...: Hi, My current situation 1 PC with preinstalled win10 on HDD 2 Moved windows to a SDD on the same PC, win10 was reactivated by itself. The license is connect to my MS account Now I'm planning to sell that PC while moving the SDD and installed programs to a new PC. So...