Windows 10: License reactivation

Discus and support License reactivation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, Recently, my processor died, and since it was so old, I decided to buy a new processor, motherboard and new RAM. Now that everything is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AleksiW10PRO, Dec 30, 2020.

1. License reactivation

Hey,

Recently, my processor died, and since it was so old, I decided to buy a new processor, motherboard and new RAM. Now that everything is plugged up and going, I have the text "Activate windows". I had W10 Pro on my old hardware, but I cannot seem to activate it on my new hardware. I don't have a product key, since I bought this PC used and only got a paper with account and the password, PIN. security and password and a recovery code. Is there a way to get my W10 Pro back on my new hardware ?

Thanks,

-Aleksi

:)

AleksiW10PRO, Dec 30, 2020

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 30, 2020
  4. License reactivation

Andre Da Costa, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

License reactivation

1. License reactivation - Similar Threads - License reactivation

2. How can i reactivate my license ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can i reactivate my license ?: I tried signing in to my PPT and Word account but it says that my license will be deactivated soon. I tried reactivating it by signing all over again and again but it doesn't work at all. what am I supposed to do? Correlation Id: d293e792-6e5a-4021-9b22-11ae9991669e...
  3. How can i reactivate my license ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i reactivate my license ?: I tried signing in to my PPT and Word account but it says that my license will be deactivated soon. I tried reactivating it by signing all over again and again but it doesn't work at all. what am I supposed to do? Correlation Id: d293e792-6e5a-4021-9b22-11ae9991669e...
  4. How can i reactivate my license ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  6. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  7. I need help reactivating windows on my new device using a digital license linked to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help reactivating windows on my new device using a digital license linked to my...: I recently build a new pc and everything went smoothly. I was able to reactivate windows fine but my cpu stopped working a few hours later. I have since replaced the cpu but am unable to reactivate windows because my license is linked to a desktop that doesn't exist anymore....
  8. I need help reactivating windows on my new device using a digital license linked to my...

I need help reactivating windows on my new device using a digital license linked to my...: I recently build a new pc and everything went smoothly. I was able to reactivate windows fine but my cpu stopped working a few hours later. I have since replaced the cpu but am unable to reactivate windows because my license is linked to a desktop that doesn't exist anymore....
  9. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...: Hi, I recently change my motherboard and wanted to reactivate windows 10 with the digital license I bought in 2022 directly from Microsoft website. For some reason, when I'm using the "Troubleshoot" in the Activation page I get the following message : "We weren't able to...
  10. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...: Hi, I recently change my motherboard and wanted to reactivate windows 10 with the digital license I bought in 2022 directly from Microsoft website. For some reason, when I'm using the "Troubleshoot" in the Activation page I get the following message : "We weren't able to...