Windows 10: License to another computer issue

Discus and support License to another computer issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an old computer with a windows 10 license. I bought it in windows store on April 13, 2019. The license shows up like this:[ATTACH] I bought a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MariusZZZ, Nov 4, 2020.

1. MariusZZZ Win User

License to another computer issue

I have an old computer with a windows 10 license. I bought it in windows store on April 13, 2019.

The license shows up like this: License to another computer issue cba6e928-3fa3-4867-a63d-76bc93349e1c?upload=true.jpg

I bought a new PC to which I want to assign windows license that I already have on older pc that I was writing previously.

I installed windows without a key on my new machine. Then I tried to activate it via setup choosing:

• troubleshooting with changed my hardware option.
    • I also tried to find the product key on my older pc via several methods, however, it returned no real value

The option on my new machine then I tried activating the license via changed hardware options showed only one option of my old work computer license. I would be good, however, it has some limitations no automatic updates set by the administrator and it is not the thing I bought.

Any advice would be helpful.

:)

MariusZZZ, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Zedicus Win User
    windows licensing issue

k so the place where i work is around 4000 computers now and we r finally talking about moving to XP. i have a bit of a licensing issue that im curious on. all of the computers we purchase come with a windows xp OEM key. but to build a business wide image i have to use a volume license key installer. the head man thinks it is perfectly legal for me to come up with any random volume license key code to use on our image installer since each machine has a lisence stuck to it already. even though thouse licenses are for an oem install... for now im going to assume all the licenses on computers are actually for xp pro also, and not home, becuz then it would for sure not be legal.

im just kinda curious of peeples views becuz i know how stict the uela is. and for 1 or 2 computers i wouldnt care but where im setting up 4000 computers for a government agency i would like to not hav the licensing fall back on me.

Zedicus, Nov 4, 2020
  4. License to another computer issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

License to another computer issue

1. License to another computer issue - Similar Threads - License another computer

2. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  3. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transferring windows 10 license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring windows 10 license to another computer: I have previously installed windows 10 onto a macbook using a third party viewing program - parallels. I then deleted parelells as i want to use bootcamp instead. I have successfully installed bootcamp however when it says to enter my windows licence key it says it is already...
  6. transferring windows 10 license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring windows 10 license to another computer: I have previously installed windows 10 onto a macbook using a third party viewing program - parallels. I then deleted parelells as i want to use bootcamp instead. I have successfully installed bootcamp however when it says to enter my windows licence key it says it is already...
  7. Is it legal to move this license to another computer?

Is it legal to move this license to another computer?: I bought a laptop a few years ago, it had windows 8 or 8.1 in it and it was licensed, I upgraded to version 10 for free. When I run the slmgr -dli command, it says it's a retail version. Is it legal to move this license to another computer?...
  8. Issues with my another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with my another computer: Hello,my another Windows 10 computer is not working well. It s having a lots of lag and very bad perfomance I cant even restore it because it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-my-another-computer/0fd8534f-fc84-4883-a5ac-70bdfeee42ea
  9. Transfering windows 10 license to another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering windows 10 license to another computer?: Hi there, I have a laptop bought in 2017 which came with Windows 10. I no longer use this laptop, and am planning to build a new PC. Can I transfer the Windows 10 license from that laptop to my new PC? submitted by /u/greenstuffs21 [link] [comments]...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...