Windows 10: License Transfer new PC build

Discus and support License Transfer new PC build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello All, I'm hoping the answer is yes however I would like to check if anyone has experience of the following - I've had the same PC for quite a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SB_19, Oct 29, 2019.

1. SB_19 Win User

License Transfer new PC build

Hello All,

I'm hoping the answer is yes however I would like to check if anyone has experience of the following -

I've had the same PC for quite a long time now, and have in that time switched to using an SSD, new graphics and memory, motherboard has not changed. Originally the PC was pre-installed from Dell with Windows Vista, however I purchased Windows 8 many years ago, when (If anyone remembers this!) there was a large discount on buying Windows 8 when it was released which gave me a new product key etc. I then updated the same PC to Win10 when available for free at the time.

I'm now in the process of a new PC build and was wondering if this sort of setup was transferable to brand new kit? As I see it, this should work as I originally purchased a Win 8 license?

Thank you License Transfer new PC build :)

:)

SB_19, Oct 29, 2019
  2. lsylsy1 Win User

Transfer windows 10 Pro license to new build pc

I would like to Transfer windows 10 Pro license from a most dead old PC to new build pc. Teach me how.

lsylsy1, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Oct 29, 2019
  4. License Transfer new PC build

Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

License Transfer new PC build

1. License Transfer new PC build - Similar Threads - License Transfer build

2. Transfer Windows License to new build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows License to new build?: I'm building a new computer and am trying to figure out if my existing windows license will work on the new computer and if I can upgrade to Win 11. Or do I need to buy a new license. I bought a full retail version of Win 7 Pro initially, and upgraded to Win 10. I'd like to...
  3. Transfer Windows License to new build?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows License to new build?: I'm building a new computer and am trying to figure out if my existing windows license will work on the new computer and if I can upgrade to Win 11. Or do I need to buy a new license. I bought a full retail version of Win 7 Pro initially, and upgraded to Win 10. I'd like to...
  4. Transferring Windows license to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows license to a new PC.: I have a Windows 10 license that is connected to my Microsoft Account. I will soon buy a laptop without a system and i want to install Windows 11 on it. And my question is, if i login to that Microsoft account on Windows 11 will it automatically activate? Or do i need to...
  5. Transferring license to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring license to new PC: Hello! I'm building a new PC, and am trying to figure out the best and easiest way to move my product license over. It'll be completely blank, and from what I've been gathering I can download the installation media for Windows onto a USB, and then plug it into the new PC...
  6. Building a new pc, can I transfer license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building a new pc, can I transfer license?: I am building a completely new pc. I have a digital license and its a volume license as well. Does this mean that if I use a bootable usb stick, I will be able to transfer the license as I normally would?...
  7. Digital license transfer to a new computer build

Digital license transfer to a new computer build: How do I transfer my Win 10 Pro digital license to new a new computer I built? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-transfer-to-a-new-computer-build/06c94337-f323-46bb-affb-6c12e6caf9cc
  8. Transferring Digital License to a new PC

Transferring Digital License to a new PC: Hello, I am soon going to sell my PC and build a new one, but I'd like to transfer my digital license over to the new PC that I am going to build. I would also like to point out that my digital license is already linked to my Microsoft account. I need a explanation on how to...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC build

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC build: I have built a new PC and I am trying to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license from my existing PC to the new one. Unfortunately, the license is not activating properly. I have deactivated the previous license by running the command "slmgr /upk" in an elevated (Run as...
  10. Digital License transfer to a new pc

Digital License transfer to a new pc: Greetings, I want to transfer my Windows 10 digital license to a new laptop which has shipped with pre-installed MS DOS. My old laptop had shipped with pre-installed Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 Home (single language) using the free offer available during that...