Windows 10: License transfering

Discus and support License transfering in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an older PC with Windows 10 box license installed. I’ve recently purchased a new laptop and want to transfer this license to the new machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PhilKoenig, Feb 13, 2020.

1. License transfering

I have an older PC with Windows 10 box license installed. I’ve recently purchased a new laptop and want to transfer this license to the new machine. Could you provide me with the steps please

:)

PhilKoenig, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 13, 2020
  4. License transfering

Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

License transfering

1. License transfering - Similar Threads - License transfering

2. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  3. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  4. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer: hi, i am new in my company, the previous IT doesn't have proper documentation of the windows licenses, no stickers of windows license on desktops. In one of the cabinet drawers, i found these in complete package excluding the license stickers: 1 installation disc Windows Home...
  5. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer: hi, i am new in my company, the previous IT doesn't have proper documentation of the windows licenses, no stickers of windows license on desktops. In one of the cabinet drawers, i found these in complete package excluding the license stickers: 1 installation disc Windows Home...
  6. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

7. Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?: Greetings,I have something I want to ask.So I was just scrolling on YouTube, and I found a short that made me think, it said that he transfered his license from his Asus laptop to his other desktop since it turns out his laptop's license is connected to his Microsoft...
  8. Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?

Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?: Greetings,I have something I want to ask.So I was just scrolling on YouTube, and I found a short that made me think, it said that he transfered his license from his Asus laptop to his other desktop since it turns out his laptop's license is connected to his Microsoft...
  9. Can I transfer Digital Windows 10 license from Microsoft education e-mail to my personal...

Can I transfer Digital Windows 10 license from Microsoft education e-mail to my personal...: My Microsoft Student Email will be deleted after my graduation according to the announcement of my college.I'm not sure if I will still be able to use the installed Windows 10 Education? And I log in this Windows 10 Education with the Microsoft Student e-mail from my college...
  10. Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hello,I have an old laptop that came with Windows 10 Home license when i bought it then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the store. Can i transfer the Pro license to the new laptop? And Will the old laptop fall back to Windows 10 Home license or it will be unlicensed?...