Windows 10: License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

Discus and support License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr_Van, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Mr_Van Win User

License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

:)

Mr_Van, Dec 5, 2019

2. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Dec 5, 2019
  3. ISO backup of Win 10 Pro for Workstations

Hi Folks,

For some reason the 2 month old Dell laptop I am purchasing has a USB stick only containing Win 10 Pro for reinstallations, not the Win 10 Pro for Workstations version, OS build 17763.55 is currently installed. (Who would order such a downgrade??? ...doh!
    ...Homer?)

I have been provided no key for this OEM OS but wish to ensure that when I need to reinstall the OS that it retains ALL the functionality that the Xeon processor can deliver me. Dell Support has told me I need to reinstall the OS as it will currently not
    connect correctly to the Dell diagnostics tool or the Dell available drivers tool.

Dell sales suggested MS directly for this download rather than the approx $80 they will now charge me for one. License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ? :(

Can you help me with this process online and what sized USB stick is required for this ISO file?

Cheers,

David.

DavidLilja1, Dec 5, 2019
  4. KGR_656 Win User

Move Win 10 Pro license

A while ago I purchased a Win 10 Pro upgrade license from the Win store (I have the order number) which I loaded on a Win 10 Home machine. Now I would like to move only the Pro part to a new Win 10 Home machine leaving the original machine with a Win 10
    Home license and my new computer with a Pro license. Of course both computers have OEM licenses, no product number stickers, and I have no install disks.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

KGR_656, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ? - Similar Threads - License pro oem

2. win 7 pro win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  3. Win 10 Home OS Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home OS Upgrade to Win 10 Pro: I have paid for and attempted to install Win 10 Pro upgrade. All seemed well, however, after installation I appear to have Win 10 Enterprise, which of course will not Activate digitally!! Error code is 0xC004F211 My Microsoft store receipt clearly states I have...
  4. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  5. Aqcuire Win 10 Pro License Key

Aqcuire Win 10 Pro License Key: Hello, I want to buy a win 10 pro license key from this store: https://www.goodoffer24.com/windows-10-pro-professional-cd-key-32-64-bit.html and i need to know some info: 1. Is the key valid for an unlimited period of time? 2.Can it be used with an offline account?...
  6. RE: Intel NUCi7 upgrading of Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro using OEM

RE: Intel NUCi7 upgrading of Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro using OEM: We have encountered some issue with the upgrade installation of the Win 10 Pro on brand new Intel NUCi7 set originally with Win10 Home Pre-installed. Using Win 10 PRO OEM. However it reverts back automatically to home edition on reboot. Any chance you can advise on how we...
  7. Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?: I recently learned of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations as version of Windows 10 geared toward very high-end workstation hardware. Then I happened to configure a Dell Precision 7820 Tower online, and I noticed that in the operating system section, it offers a choice of Windows...
  8. Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?: I've ordered a refurbished Asus laptop that has Win 8 Home preinstalled. I want to upgrade to Win 10 Pro. What'd be the ideal/doable path to do that, considering... I have Win 7 Pro OEM disc.. I don't have any Win 10 discs. Can I download and do clean install Win 10 Pro...
  9. Version of Win 10 pro

Version of Win 10 pro: I installed windows 10 pro from a 8.1 upgrade using the media download. Not thru update. I never registered to update My question is, because I sometimes still get message from MS that my update is coming soon. Do I have a recent version of Win 10 or am I on some kind of pre...
  10. If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use'

in Windows 10 Support
    If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use': ..Or will I be able to install it on the next computer I buy too? (will not have it active on old computer as it will be salvaged for parts) Any difference between Retail and OEM? 11987