Windows 10: License Windows 7 to Windows 10 (confused)

Discus and support License Windows 7 to Windows 10 (confused) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I installed window10 over windows 7 few years ago. Now I have a big issue with windows 10.. to much to fix. My problem is that I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Merlin_X, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Merlin_X Win User

License Windows 7 to Windows 10 (confused)

Hi, I installed window10 over windows 7 few years ago.

Now I have a big issue with windows 10.. to much to fix.

My problem is that I want to reinstall windows 10 but at the origin it was windows 7 preinstalled ( I still have the partition but can't activate it kind of bugged (HP Laptop) and the other thing is the License sticker of windows 7 OA is erased.

But I could retreive this but I won't tell my License on the forum xD

The sticker don't match those licenses.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information

Product Name: Windows 10 Home

Version: 17134.556 (64-bit OS)

Product ID: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Installed Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (the one that is installed on windows 10) I didn't put that one it was generated after installing windows 10 over 7

Original Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX = Key don't match the sticker and I never put that license, maybe from preinstalled partition.

Original Edition: Windows 7 HomePremium OEM:SLP

OEM Key: Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware

So should I use the windows 10 License that ShowKeyPlus gaved me to windows a fresh windows 10 or.. ?

Sorry I my english is bad, My first language is french Thank You

:)

Merlin_X, Jan 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 28, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Windows licensing - confusion

Alright thanks for the links and information, might hit up those partner/retailer places and inquire about it. Thank you for clearing things =] *Big Grin License Windows 7 to Windows 10 (confused) :D *Respect :respect:

psyko12, Jan 28, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

License Agreement Confusion Causes Misinformation over Windows 10 Overreach

Over the last weekend there's been quite some misinformation doing the rounds, stating that a license agreement you agreed to before upgrading to Windows 10, allows Microsoft to remotely disable pirated software (eg: games, apps). This may have caused fence-sitters on the Windows 10 upgrade to decide to stay on older platforms, and for some to even revert to their older Windows 7 installations. It turns out, that the situation has been grossly misread.

Microsoft Services EULA is the one which states that Microsoft may "prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices," however, this is not the license that governs your Windows installation. It only pertains to "Microsoft Services" (Windows Store content, Xbox Live, live tiles, etc.) The license governing Windows is the MSLT (Microsoft Software License Terms), and so there won't be a case of Microsoft reaching out to disable pirated software from running on Windows.

Source: Windows Central

btarunr, Jan 28, 2019
    1 person likes this.
Thema:

1. License Windows 7 to Windows 10 (confused) - Similar Threads - License confused

2. I need to buy window 10pro multi user license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to buy window 10pro multi user license: I need to buy window 10 professional license for multi users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-buy-window-10pro-multi-user-license/6cad0286-f55d-4361-9826-866d0b64a7c1
  3. Confused about licenses and transferring my install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about licenses and transferring my install: I have a bit of a mess I am trying to sort through, and most of the guides I am Googling are assuming you want to trash/wipe your current Windows install and/or install new, couldn't find information about what I am trying to do. Ok, so I have three systems, all of which run...
  4. Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating...: I have a bit of a mess I am trying to sort through, and most of the guides I am Googling are assuming you want to trash/wipe your current Windows install and/or install new, couldn't find information about what I am trying to do.Ok, so I have three systems:1: An i7-3770K...
  5. I'm confused about windows license here

I'm confused about windows license here: I have a question, is it legal to use non-activated windows? because I found different answers about this in a Microsoft thread like this I'm sorry if my English is bad, coz I'm not English...
  6. Licensing Confusion between work and personal accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Licensing Confusion between work and personal accounts: I'm using Microsoft Office products on my personal laptop. I'm signed in to this laptop using my personal email address. The only places on this device where I sign in via my work credentials are Microsoft Teams (I unchecked the option to allow my organization to manage this...
  7. Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA

Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA: Been searching the internet for ages now, and all the information about the windows 10 activation rules and its Licensing Rules are making my head spin, all i want to know, is how would i go about licensing all my computers with Legit Windows 10 Pro copies, that can all be...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Volume licensing (very confusing pricing)

Windows 10 Pro Volume licensing (very confusing pricing): Hi guys, New to the forum and have searched for some answers on this topic. I have a small business with 16 computers I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The computers currently have Windows 10 Home. (Side note: Will I have any issues with drivers, etc etc upgrading...
  9. Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365: I am the second user on our Office 365 Home - 64-bit install on Win 7 Pro 64-bit. cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus shows "LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---" but also "REMAINING GRACE: 58 days", but I SHOULD have at least 9½ months left in our first year. Is this normal?...
  10. Confused about License requirement for clean install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about License requirement for clean install...: I have a PC I want to install Windows 10 on, clean. I have a Win 7 Pro license key. In instructions I read about installs it says to use a Windows 10 license key. As you probably guess, can I install Windows 10 from a USB drive and use a Windows 7 Pro license key? 37296