Windows 10: Licenses: Attention where and how you buy ... don't be fooled!

Discus and support Licenses: Attention where and how you buy ... don't be fooled! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Unfortunately, not all license offers that appear on the internet are legitimate, and sometimes those who buy them are deceived, losing their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CNT LM, Nov 17, 2020.

1. CNT LM Win User

Licenses: Attention where and how you buy ... don't be fooled!

Hi,

Unfortunately, not all license offers that appear on the internet are legitimate, and sometimes those who buy them are deceived, losing their money, and not getting the product they were trying to buy. Not all online stores are reliable. Not all technicians who repair equipment do their job honestly.

You need to be alert if you do not want to lose your money thinking that you are making a good investment.

WARNING / ALERT SIGNS.

VERY LOW PRICES.

Windows and Office licenses often appear with prices much lower than those practiced by Microsoft. It’s tempting to buy a Windows or Office for an exceptionally low price, but keep in mind that Microsoft is the producer of those software’s. Marketing margins in the IT business are relatively low, it’s not possible for someone to sell software products at prices much lower than those practiced by Microsoft. No one would buy a product from Microsoft and sell it to you cheaper than that bought! Many of these licenses have already been used, are stolen or even worse, you pay and you do not receive any license.

Products that do not exist.

We often see products for sale with descriptions that mislead the buyer. Some examples are: Office 365 lifetime, Office 365 2019. None of these descriptions correspond to a real product. For clarification:

• Windows: One-time purchase. The only licenses for sale now are Windows 10 licenses all previous versions of Windows are not available, nor there are higher versions of Windows. If you are offered the chance to purchase a Windows 7, 8, 8.1 license, you are being cheated.
    • Microsoft 365 formerly Office 365: Annual subscription, it can be paid monthly or annually. There is no version of 365 that is lifelong, paid only once. Anyone who chooses this model will be entitled to updates for as long as they keep the Office subscription active.
    • Office 2019: One-time purchase. You will not receive updates with new features or new versions. There are no licenses for previous versions of Office for sale 2016, 2013, etc., if you are offered an earlier version, you are being cheated.

THE TECHNICIAN WHO IMPROVES YOUR SYSTEM WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION OF WINDOWS

Many users report having sent their equipment to repair or simply to reinstall the operating system are received it with a newer or different version of Windows. If you have not purchased a new Windows license, your equipment must to be returned to you with the same version it had before sending it to the technician, because that is the only version for which you have a legally valid license.

One of the typical responses of some technicians and repair shops who have these bad practices is that they have upgraded your operating system to another version of Windows that makes you equipment work better.

There have never been free updates for Microsoft operating systems except for the possibility of upgrading from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. This offer was active during the first year of Windows 10's life and ended on July 29, 2016.

THE PURCHASE PROCESS.

Both Office and Windows can be purchased in different ways:

• Directly from Microsoft: The licenses you purchase are directly associated to your Microsoft account.
    • Boxed product FPP: The boxed product always comes with an activation key. In the case of Windows, it will also come with a USB PenDrive with the software for installing Windows.
    • License Card: Often available in physical stores, these cards have an area on the back where the software activation key is located. This area is covered, to reveal the key you must, after purchase, carefully scratch this area.
    • Electronic Licenses ESD: After purchasing one of these licenses, either in an online or physical store, you must receive the activation key for the product you purchased.

If the purchase process takes any other form, something is certainly very wrong.

HOW TO GET ADVICE.

There are several things you can do to be informed, here are some tips:

1. Whenever possible, buy directly from Microsoft. Microsoft is the producer of Windows and Office, buying from Microsoft is of course, always be absolutely safe;
    2. Do an online search and see what experience other users had when buying from the store / site you are considering;
    3. Ask here in the community, we will be happy to help and advice.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN A VICTIM.

If you have been the victim of an act of piracy, the sale of an illegal license, or a scam by a technician, you must report this situation. Failing to do so will allow those who have these practises to continue cheating other people and profit from it. It is important that the people and companies that commit these crimes are stopped.

• Each country has authorities to which you can report an act of piracy, do it!
    • Microsoft also provides ways to report these situations:

Counterfeit Software Report

Report a technical support scam

The best way to end software piracy is to ensure that whoever commits these crimes suffers the consequences. For the good of all of us, please report!

:)

CNT LM, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows 7 OEM license don´t work

Dear community,

last week I bought a new notebook (asus gl752vw). I also bought an windows 7 pro 64 bite oem license. I installed the operating system windows 7 pro on my new notebook, but there was a problem, that the notebook drivers only work with windows 10 64 bit (****.
    I dont know why) I couldn´t even connect to the internet. I thought maybe first I should activate my license. I called the windows hotline and followed the steps. The 9 codes under the phone number of windows worked fine, so I got my activationcode from windows
    per phone. Now the problem was that i missed one letter or number from the activation id, so it said not more compatibIe. So my windows 7 oem license wasnt activated at all. After that I thought it would be better when I install windows 10. After the installation
    of windows 10 64 bit the notebook worked fine and all was possible. The only missing point is, when I wanna activate my license Windows say: "This product key is running on another pc. Please try it with a different key. Error: 0x803FA071.

So when I wanna activate the license now per phone the 9 codes under the number aren´t verificated (that´s what the windows support voice said). Do you know how I can fix the problem or so? I don´t wanna buy a new license if it´s possible.

(sorry for mistakes, cause I´m german).

FabianKlüter, Nov 17, 2020
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 17, 2020
  4. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Licenses: Attention where and how you buy ... don't be fooled! - Similar Threads - Licenses Attention where

2. where to buy license key for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where to buy license key for windows 10?: I want to buy the license key to windows 10 but cannot seem to find where to purchase this key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-buy-license-key-for-windows-10/f2dff907-0b1f-4abe-b31c-d4056eb2b29d
  3. where to buy license key for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where to buy license key for windows 10?: I want to buy the license key to windows 10 but cannot seem to find where to purchase this key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-buy-license-key-for-windows-10/f2dff907-0b1f-4abe-b31c-d4056eb2b29d
  4. where to buy license key for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Buying a license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying a license: Where can I buy a license or a key for the Russian version of Windows 11 while living in Israel. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-a-license/83053399-8251-44ba-98e0-31719f649aba
  6. Buying a license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying a license: Where can I buy a license or a key for the Russian version of Windows 11 while living in Israel. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-a-license/83053399-8251-44ba-98e0-31719f649aba
  7. Where to buy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to buy: What is a fair/running price for Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, download onto USB? Amazon only has the download but not the USB. Just build my first computer. Now need the software. Also, I'm a teacher but I don't want the education version. submitted by /u/Fightforone [link]...
  8. Where can you buy a "Windows 10 Pro N" license from

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can you buy a "Windows 10 Pro N" license from: Hello, I am searching up where to find a place to buy a Windows 10 Pro N license from, because my Windows 7 Ultimate N device hasn't received the free update to Windows 10, I checked out this link Buy Windows 10 Pro N - Microsoft Store en-IS, but it's not in my region, so...
  9. Where to buy an Windows 10 License for Small Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where to buy an Windows 10 License for Small Business: Hello, somebody, can help me where to buy a original license windows 10, i am from indonesia, at last i have same question to Microsoft site asking for the seller, and i receive the phone number, but i was forget with asking for the phone area, so i can't call directly. so...
  10. Where to buy the microsoft license 10 IOT ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where to buy the microsoft license 10 IOT ?: Dear CS, I would like to buy these below license for my company, we have project which need this windows licenses : - Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB High End , qty 2 pcs Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB MultiLang ESD OEI High End (Virt Only QOS), qty 1pcs...