Windows 10: Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!

Discus and support Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran portable program Speccy (Piriform Speccy) to check my system temperature like cpu and hard drives etc.... I'm seeing operating system windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jati, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jati Win User

Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!

I ran portable program Speccy (Piriform Speccy) to check my system temperature like cpu and hard drives etc.... I'm seeing operating system windows 10 serial numbers in my desktop and laptop showing exactly the same. Is it normal?... I had separated license for each computer before upgrade to win 10.

Note: I upgraded from win 8.1 for my desktop and clean installed for laptop. Both of them running win 8.1 previously.

Thanks

:)

2. tamara_sadel, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Reuse of activated windows 10 home serial number on another computer after upgrading to windows 10 education.

I currently have windows 10 home edition activated on my laptop. I obtained a win 10 education serial number from my college. Can I upgrade this laptop using this education license and use the home license on another computer?

rainerroytta, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!

It's normal.
    Windows 10 doesn't use a product key to identify your computer.

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Jati Win User
    teachermark,
    Glad to know about that. Thank You!

Jati, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!

1. Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop! - Similar Threads - Licenses Serial Numbers

2. SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP .

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP .: In this day and age of you would think that it would be possible to track a stolen laptop by it's serial number . even if the hard drive is completely cleared the actual hardware still has the same serial number . Wouldn't the device manufacture IE.. HP have a list of info...
  3. Invalid Serial Number?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Serial Number?: I removed my laptop from Devices fairly recently, but now I need it back onto Devices but when I entered the serial code it said that it doesn't recognize the serial code and that I need to try again. I double checked by checking the back of the laptop, and even triple...
  4. Serial number win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serial number win 10: So basically my serial number it is not working at all why that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number-win-10/0489926b-62e5-4240-9bab-0b60bb43db18
  5. Remove Serial number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Serial number: Random question, does anyone know how to brute remove a serial number off a PC? ( I mean the devices factory serial number) submitted by /u/Natural_Cockroach732 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqnv0l/remove_serial_number/
  6. To get window key from serial number of laptop

To get window key from serial number of laptop: I have changed hard disk. And installed window 10 pro. But i don't have key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-get-window-key-from-serial-number-of-laptop/e7e8ef60-45dc-468c-9d07-65ced8c3153f
  7. Computer Serial Number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Serial Number: Is it safe to put my computer serial number into the Microsoft help app or the HP support. I don't want anybody to get onto my computer. I already put my serial number into the HP support site that came with my computer....
  8. TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER

TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER: I am Hussain Shihabdeen from Qatar Recently i lost my laptop Dell Latitude E6430 device i have only serial number of the laptop how to track the location with serial number. i mean is there any methods to get notification from the device when connect to internet i haven't...
  9. Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Serial Number

Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Serial Number: Hi I purchased a few laptops from the Microsoft Store - online some time back. One of the Laptops needed to be factory reset, and after having done this, the Windows is giving me a "Not Genuine". Asking for the Serial Number, but I don't see any Windows Serial Number on...
  10. Track a stolen laptop via serial number?

Track a stolen laptop via serial number?: A while ago, one of my devices on my Microsoft account was stolen. Since Find My Device was never turned on by default, is there a way to track down what happened to it by the serial number?...