Windows 10: Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine

Discus and support Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As everyone knows, Windows 7 is no longer supported so I was wondering has the licensing dynamics changed when using it. Specifically using it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rumpelstiltskinz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine

As everyone knows, Windows 7 is no longer supported so I was wondering has the licensing dynamics changed when using it. Specifically using it as a virtual machine on a Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V host. If it must be licensed, what license is require Software Assurance or VDA?

Thanks

:)

Rumpelstiltskinz, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Robert_os Win User

Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Licensing for Virtual Machines on Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Licensing and Activation related to Virtual Machines in Enterprise Environment.

I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Volume Licensing Center
    to get more information on the license of Virtual Machines.

In addition, you may also want to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Virtual Machines to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine

License For A Virtual Machine

I need to purchase a key (not a digital license) for windows 10 for using in a virtual machine, naturally i used the windows 7 key i had on the host i originally upgraded to windows 10, this will not activate, and im sure they dont allow this, i dont mind
    doing this the legal way but i want to make sure i have a valid key for 1 virtual machine wherever it may reside and on what virtual platform i may have it loaded on (just one instance of course, but i want to be able to have this key used for Hyper-V if i
    delete the Oracle VM instance etc)

How can i accomplish this? surely there is a legal way, also the windows 7 key i upgraded to 10 was a multi pack three license, however i assume that went away with the 10 upgrade. at any rate it would be nice to have an independent windows 10 key just for
    a virtual machine i can use for testing and running software i may not trust on my host machine. any help?

AshMiller900, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine

1. Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - Licensing End Support

2. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing: Hello,I'm looking for the best way to go about getting licenses for around 4 - 5 users using VM with Windows 7 on a Windows 10 PC.We have MS365 and didn't know if I should license that way if possible or through another process.Thank you,R. Wilson...
  3. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing: Hello,I'm looking for the best way to go about getting licenses for around 4 - 5 users using VM with Windows 7 on a Windows 10 PC.We have MS365 and didn't know if I should license that way if possible or through another process.Thank you,R. Wilson...
  4. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OEM licensing for virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM licensing for virtual machine: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I would like to replace Windows with Ubuntu Linux, then run Windows 11 in a VirtualBox virtual machine, using that license. Is this possible? What must I do to ensure that I can do this? Will I...
  6. OEM licensing for virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM licensing for virtual machine: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I would like to replace Windows with Ubuntu Linux, then run Windows 11 in a VirtualBox virtual machine, using that license. Is this possible? What must I do to ensure that I can do this? Will I...
  7. license for virtual machine

license for virtual machine: I have a laptop with windows 10 pro installed/licensedI want to test some setups with docker, but do not want to break my private install/setup as I also use vmware and this is not compatible with dockerI downloaded the windows evaluation version virtual machine for vmware...
  8. License For A Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License For A Virtual Machine: I need to purchase a key not a digital license for windows 10 for using in a virtual machine, naturally i used the windows 7 key i had on the host i originally upgraded to windows 10, this will not activate, and im sure they dont allow this, i dont mind doing this the legal...
  9. OEM licenses and virtual machines

OEM licenses and virtual machines: I just got a computer this week and activated the windows 10 pro OEM license on it. If I now want to install a type 1 hypervisor on the computer like vmshpere and put windows 10 pro and linux on it, will my windows license re-activate? It's the same computer and same...
  10. System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 nearing end of support

in Windows 10 News
    System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 nearing end of support: Product support for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 will reach its end of support date in 12 months. If you are using this version, please upgrade to a newer version before January 9, 2018 to ensure supportability.The following resources are available to...