Windows 10: Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.

Discus and support Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I am trying to figure out how to license my use case properly. I am a technical trainer that uses a virtual classroom of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JonLarson3, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to license my use case properly.

I am a technical trainer that uses a virtual classroom of Windows 10 Enterprise computers. The classes range from 2 hours to a full week. We have traditionally spun up a image that is in a known state. That way we can consistently run the students through the material. Then at the end of the class we can delete the environment so that it doesn't take up resources and so we don't have to worry about what strange things the students may have done to the environment.

Previously when we imaged the Windows 7 machines the license activation persisted when we spun up that image the licensing persisted. Now with Windows 10 that doesn't seem to be the case. The computer detects that it is a new machine and gives the warning that this license is used on another machine.

I have been looking into per device licensing and per user licensing. The per user licensing looks like one solution, but the students on those computers aren't the ones that would be licensed. So my concern is that would be against term of use.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

:)

JonLarson3, Mar 27, 2020

2. Google classroom is not working/accessible

I tried your suggestion but still the same result for google classroom.

ReynalynNavales, Mar 27, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.

1. Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom. - Similar Threads - Licensing Virtual Classroom

2. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing: Hello,I'm looking for the best way to go about getting licenses for around 4 - 5 users using VM with Windows 7 on a Windows 10 PC.We have MS365 and didn't know if I should license that way if possible or through another process.Thank you,R. Wilson...
  3. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing: Hello,I'm looking for the best way to go about getting licenses for around 4 - 5 users using VM with Windows 7 on a Windows 10 PC.We have MS365 and didn't know if I should license that way if possible or through another process.Thank you,R. Wilson...
  4. license for virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license for virtual machine: I have a laptop with windows 10 pro installed/licensedI want to test some setups with docker, but do not want to break my private install/setup as I also use vmware and this is not compatible with dockerI downloaded the windows evaluation version virtual machine for vmware...
  5. Virtual Desktop Licensing

Virtual Desktop Licensing: Hi Experts, My company wants to license 100 Virtual Desktop on a VDI environment. Can someone help me figure out the correct way of licensing Windows 10 on our VDI Server. A supplier quoted me 100x MICROSOFT WINVDAPERDEVICE SNGL MONTHLYSUBSCRIPTIONS-VOLUMELICENSE OLV...
  6. Virtual Machine windows 10 Pro licensing

Virtual Machine windows 10 Pro licensing: Hi, I have a server that is running hyper-v 2016 core and i would like to run a few windows 10 Pro virtual machines. Do i use the standard licensing or is there a different way of licensing the machines? We are using Office 365 for our user accounts so can assign other...
  7. The new Microsoft Edge is ready for the (virtual) classroom

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge is ready for the (virtual) classroom: [img] With remote learning, has come new challenges—not only for students, who may be learning online for the first time, but also for teachers, who must learn to support them in the process. Instruction, discussion, and feedback have all moved online overnight...
  8. License For A Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License For A Virtual Machine: I need to purchase a key not a digital license for windows 10 for using in a virtual machine, naturally i used the windows 7 key i had on the host i originally upgraded to windows 10, this will not activate, and im sure they dont allow this, i dont mind doing this the legal...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine

Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine: Hello I've just built a server and set up a KVM hypervisor on it, and now I want to transfer a little-used mini PC with a Window 10 license to a VM. What implications are there? Can I just virtualize the machine and continue with the VM, since I have a licensed copy of...
  10. Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.: I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I uninstalled irrelevant apps (for an education environment) and started piling on the software. ANSYS 2015, Matlab, Autodesk suite,...