Windows 10: LID close screen still on

Discus and support LID close screen still on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I've an odd problem with my laptop, Asus ROG, When I close the lid the screen still on! any advice please? thanks *Smile 106314 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AliMadkour, Mar 17, 2018.

1. LID close screen still on

Hello there,

I've an odd problem with my laptop, Asus ROG, When I close the lid the screen still on!
    any advice please?

thanks *Smile

:)

AliMadkour, Mar 17, 2018
  2. KrishnaK2 Win User

Duplicate Displays

Now I'm able to duplicate the screens but when I close my laptop lid Monitor goes to sleep mode. Settings changed to Do Nothing when I close laptop lid but still no luck.

KrishnaK2, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Screen locks when I close the lid on my laptop!

Every time I close the lid on my laptop my screen locks. I have search everywhere and can not figure out how to stop this from happening. I have changed the settings in the control panel under the power options. I have put on there to do nothing when
    I close the lid of my laptop. I even ran the power options troubleshooter and then changed it back to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. The screen is still locking every time I close the lid. Can someone please help?

HollySchamp, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

LID close screen still on

Welcome to TenForums @AliMadkour

Did you know that the Lid (and the power button, come to that) are Devices and are listed in Device Manager?

Windows should recognise them and act as the 'driver'. Look in Device Manager under 'System devices'. There should be an 'ACPI Lid' device. Does it have a yellow warning triangle?

5. thanks for your fast reply, I'm glad to be a member here *Smile

yes I see it in devices list and it doesn't have any warning

AliMadkour, Mar 17, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

7. About 6 months, I always have the same problem, my model is : GL553VD

it maybe a hardware problem?

AliMadkour, Mar 17, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Quite possibly. The OP in the thread I gave earlier said they had returned theirs to Asus to have a screen replaced, saying...
    6 month? Still in warranty? I'd contact Asus Support and see if they think it is a hardware fault.

9. cbwilsha Win User
    No one has mentioned the obvious. Go to Power Options and click on "Choose what closing the lid does" and select Sleep.

cbwilsha, Mar 17, 2018
  10. I've set it to sleep but it take no action when I close the lid, unfortunately I bought it from another country I'll try to send it to warranty *cry

AliMadkour, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. LID close screen still on - Similar Threads - LID close screen

2. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  3. Notebook display still on with lid closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook display still on with lid closed: In Windows 10, when I close de lid the internal monitor was turn off and I could use 3 external monitor attached to a dock. Now, with Windows 11, when I close de lid, the internal monitor is still on and only two external monitor works. If I connect the third monitor windows...
  4. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  5. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  6. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  7. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  8. Lid Close Action

Lid Close Action: Windows 11 on an HP Envy computer. Cannot find, "Lid close action," which should be under "Change Advanced Power Settings." which should be under "Change Plan Settings," which should be under "Power Options," which should be under "Hardware and Sound" which should be under...
  9. Close a lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  10. blue screen after closing lid ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blue screen after closing lid ?: i am running an hp notebook, with 16gb ram and 1 tb sdd, and win 10 pro. after installation of Pro, i set sleep etc to do nothing when the lid is closed. i need it that way to run periodic a/v scans. i cannot just leave it open or the cat will have a field day lol. does...