Windows 10: Lid Open Action

Discus and support Lid Open Action in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mic2142, Oct 1, 2020.

1. mic2142 Win User

Lid Open Action

Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing" but it still turns on when I'm opening the lid.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

:)

mic2142, Oct 1, 2020

2. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

In order to get "Open Lid Action" to appear in Power Options, I followed the steps mentioned on this website

How to change 'Lid open action' in Windows 10

(you have to enter a command in the CMD)

This is supposed to avoid the PC waking up, even in sleep mode. Not only hibernate. Because according to internet results, it should work but on my PC it does NOT work. That's why I am asking for help

anotherrandomnamealreadyused, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Laptop Opening lid function

Hi Wilfred,

Thanq so much for replying to my question.

I used the same website and I tried all the guidelines given by them.

But after doing so, when I shut down the laptop, it doesn't switch on when I open the lid. It only switches on once I press the power button.

It would be gr8 if any1 would give me the proper step-by-step guidelines on switching on the laptop by opening the lid.

Thank you,

Vaibhav Pramod

VaibhavPramod, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Lid Open Action

How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Lid Open Action

1. Lid Open Action - Similar Threads - Lid Open Action

2. Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC: Hi there !I have a problem with some laptops, in some cases and I don't know why laptops are not turning on even though the "Lid Open Action" is set as Turn on displayI have one computer in 21h2 that is able to do it and trust me I completely shut it down and when I open the...
  3. Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC: Hi there !I have a problem with some laptops, in some cases and I don't know why laptops are not turning on even though the "Lid Open Action" is set as Turn on displayI have one computer in 21h2 that is able to do it and trust me I completely shut it down and when I open the...
  4. Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. lid opening action

lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  6. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  7. Lid Close Action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lid Close Action: Windows 11 on an HP Envy computer. Cannot find, "Lid close action," which should be under "Change Advanced Power Settings." which should be under "Change Plan Settings," which should be under "Power Options," which should be under "Hardware and Sound" which should be under...
  8. Lid Close Action

Lid Close Action: Windows 11 on an HP Envy computer. Cannot find, "Lid close action," which should be under "Change Advanced Power Settings." which should be under "Change Plan Settings," which should be under "Power Options," which should be under "Hardware and Sound" which should be under...
  9. How to Change Default Lid Open Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Change Default Lid Open Action in Windows 10: [img] In Windows 10 version 1607 and later, the Lid open action setting (if supported) in Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is opened when waking (resuming) from sleep, hibernate, or modern standby. Users can specify...
  10. How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most laptops today come with an inbuilt feature that turns on automatically when you open its lid. You can also make the screen go off […] This article How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...