Windows 10: Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

Discus and support Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laurence Parr, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back?

:)

Laurence Parr, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11 [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Lid setting does not recoginize power status change

We manage the policy to set the “When I close the lid:” setting on our laptops to "Sleep" on battery and "Do Nothing" on plugged in. In the basic scenarios, the results are expected:

• With the laptop plugged in, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was not in sleep mode.
    • With the laptop running on battery, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was in sleep mode.

However, with the laptop plugged in, I close the lid and then unplug the power cable to put it on battery and then opened the lid. It is not in sleep mode. Is this an issue with the Windows 10 power management, or is there
    a setting where this can be corrected?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

Ryan P. Dempsey, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible (it wasn't originally) in the Power Options. I have it set to do nothing when the lid is opened, but it still turns itself on.

Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11 30436a94-4b64-4826-a62e-498b8aa9cd03?upload=true.png

The second frustrating thing is that the computer turns itself off or sleeps when plugged in and left alone. Those settings are below. My goal is to be able to leave the computer on, when plugged in, and return to what I was doing after a time and just use the touchpad to wake it up. The screen going dark is fine, but I want to be able to wake it up by touching the touchpad. The computer lives at home and rarely leaves, so I don't really need it to lock or sleep when its not in use.

Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11 [​IMG]

Moongidget, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

1. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Lid open settings

2. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11: The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-open-settings-sleep-is-missing-on-windows-11/201921cd-d715-4cf7-98ce-9b18288f70dd
  3. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  4. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  5. Laptop Lid Open Action missing from Power Options in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop Lid Open Action missing from Power Options in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Laptop Lid Open Action is missing in Windows 11/10, then you can enable the Lid Open Action using POWERCFG. Using the Laptop Lid Open Action, you can make your laptop turn on automatically after opening the lid – or set any other action! But what if you find...
  6. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  7. Screen stays black after opening lid/sleep

Screen stays black after opening lid/sleep: My Dell Inspiron is set to sleep when the lid is closed. When I open the lid, the keys light up, and the power button lights up, but the screen stays black and I have to hold the power button to shut the computer down and turn it back on. The computer is up to date with all...
  8. laptop with lid closed won't change sleep settings

laptop with lid closed won't change sleep settings: Hello all, We use Dell laptops at my office. Power & Sleep settings under 'Sleep' are battery - sleep in 20 minutes, plugged in - sleep Never. Most of our users have the laptops in a docking station (Dell Latitude E-series dock) or use a USB-C/Thunderbolt dock (Dell WD19TB)...
  9. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...
  10. Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid: Hello everyone! I have a Sony and an HP notebook with Windows 10 installed. When the computer is on standby and I open the lid or click the mouse, the computer turns on. Despite all the Energy settings in the control panel I cannot fix it. I want the laptop to open ONLY by...