Windows 10: Lid

Discus and support Lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have a dell Laptop . Whenever i open laptop lid, the screen quickly turns off and then again turns on. My settings are "Do nothing" on closing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ♡ คяƒα† ßђยяє ♡, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Lid

i have a dell Laptop . Whenever i open laptop lid, the screen quickly turns off and then again turns on.

My settings are "Do nothing" on closing the lid. I have the latest versions of drivers.

i want to fix this flash OR Blink problem i don't like it at all looks like i have old laptop taking loading time

when i pull my laptop screen up its

'first open normally nothing happen then its Blink one time '

i have Latest version of Windows 10 Pro Education

Latest drivers

Help

:)

♡ คяƒα† ßђยяє ♡, Aug 10, 2019

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 10, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    "Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Lid

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Lid

1. Lid - Similar Threads - Lid

2. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications: If I leave my browser open for example, and close the lid, the laptop remains on indefinitely which is what I want, however if I leave something slightly more resource heavy on, and close the lid, about about 10 minutes or so it shuts off, I have no idea how to fix this, all...
  3. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications: If I leave my browser open for example, and close the lid, the laptop remains on indefinitely which is what I want, however if I leave something slightly more resource heavy on, and close the lid, about about 10 minutes or so it shuts off, I have no idea how to fix this, all...
  4. Laptop shuts down a short while after lid closed when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid: I have the PC set to do nothing when plugged in and closing the lid and I have the power option set to never turn off the hard drive when plugged in. I also have the power option to shut the screen after 10 minutes when pluggedit.It appears that whenI close the lid on the PC...
  6. Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid

Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid: I have the PC set to do nothing when plugged in and closing the lid and I have the power option set to never turn off the hard drive when plugged in. I also have the power option to shut the screen after 10 minutes when pluggedit.It appears that whenI close the lid on the PC...
  7. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preven screen turning off when lid is closed: I am trying to prevent my laptop screen from turning off when the lid closes, I want the lid being closed to have 0 effect on the computer. I went to power plan settings and disabled all of the screen time out things, including setting it to "Do Nothing" when lid closed, yet...
  8. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preven screen turning off when lid is closed: I am trying to prevent my laptop screen from turning off when the lid closes, I want the lid being closed to have 0 effect on the computer. I went to power plan settings and disabled all of the screen time out things, including setting it to "Do Nothing" when lid closed, yet...
  9. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

10. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d