Windows 10: LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working

Discus and support LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have had this camera for several years now. Last time I used it was two days ago and it work as well as always. Today it just decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielVaquero1, Apr 16, 2021.

1. LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working

Hello!

I have had this camera for several years now. Last time I used it was two days ago and it work as well as always. Today it just decided to stop functioning. The microphone works fine, and I can speak through it on different apps, however the camera refuses to work. I have tried using the camera app, changing USB ports, checking for updates, checking for driver updates, installing and reinstalling the camera, restarting my computer a few times, "allow apps to access your camera" is on. I tried using google hang outs and it said that my camera was "silenced". I have never seen this before and I don't know how to change it.

Any ideas?

Thank you

:)

DanielVaquero1, Apr 16, 2021
  2. mdwpsyd Win User

LifeCam HD-3000 stopped working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Back in September 2015 I had a similar problem: Microsoft's LifeCam HD-3000 webcam stopped working when I 'upgraded' from Windows 7 to Win 10. However, a thread on Windows Ten Forums solved the problem. *Party

So I've been a happy camper for the last 17 month. That is until the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. At least I am pretty sure that's when the LifeCam stopped working. The cam itself does not seem to be the problem--the little blue light comes on when it is engaged, the LifeCam software boots up fine, but, unfortunately, this is what I see:

LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working [​IMG]

The webcam is appropriately connected to a USB 2.0 port and, according to Windows, it is functioning properly:

LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working [​IMG]

The webcam also does not work via the Windows 10 Camera app, and on a video chat site (black screen on both).

I have detailed my attempts to fix this problem over on the Microsoft Support site: Need help troubleshooting Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Not Working

Can you all think of anything else I can do?

Many thanks,

Mark

mdwpsyd, Apr 16, 2021
  3. LifeCam HD-3000 Windows 10

Similar problems here with my "LifeCam HD-3000" no longer working in W10.

I suggest that Microsoft change the marketing ...

"DeathCam HD-3000" seems more appropriate LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working :)

Rob Sherratt, Apr 16, 2021
  4. FriendA Win User

LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working

LifeCam HD-3000

Hi,

• When was the last time you were able to use the Camera application without encountering any problem?
    - I was able to use the camera app before I installed the Lifecam HD-3000 webcam.

- It was installed on January 29, 2017.

- I can use Lifecam HD-3000 with Skype, Viber, and Messenger with no problem.

- It just doesn't work on my computer's Camera app.

• Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    - I didn't make any changes to my computer's configuration prior to this issue.

- I followed the steps you provided below and nothing changed. I still cannot use it on my Camera app.

My PC information:

- Model: Alienware Aurora R5

- Edition: Windows 10 Home

- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

- Installed RAM: 16.0 GB

- System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

FriendA, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working

1. LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - LifeCam 3000 Suddenly

2. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: I have just installed the above LifeCam and find that it cannot be set to use it to sign into Microsoft process, is there something I should do to make it work.Thank youRobert Wells...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: I have just installed the above LifeCam and find that it cannot be set to use it to sign into Microsoft process, is there something I should do to make it work.Thank youRobert Wells...
  4. My Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 has stopped working - AGAIN.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 has stopped working - AGAIN.: It was working, I didn't use it for some months, now it has stopped again. I daresay I have gone through a few updates since then of Windows 10. Microsoft appears to not be able to produce a simple video product that consistently works.The system says there is no driver for...
  5. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: Hi, I have a problem in that I am unable to adjust the brightness in the Windows 10 camera app. I go into the camera app settings and turn on Pro Mode which then gives me a brightness button which shows a number representing brightness from 30 to 255. When I click on this...
  6. LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam

LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam: I have just bought a LifeCam HD-3000 webcam as an accessory to my desktop PC running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and it works fine in the Zoom and Camera apps but there are limited functions. I want to be able to zoom in and be in Portrait mode rather...
  7. Lifecam 3000-HD

Lifecam 3000-HD: Hello I have a LifeCam 3000-HD and it was working perfectly since I purchased it in November 2019 until the day before yesterday. Now when I plug it in it produces a scrambled picture as per the snip below. I can fix this by opening Skype, taking the exposure setting off...
  8. webcam lifeCam HD-3000

webcam lifeCam HD-3000: I have to take a test online I purchase this webcam but when I went to see if it was working before my test it wasn't then I went into camera and it works there but not where I want to take the test how do I solve this. I have Microsoft 10...
  9. Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000

Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000: I have just purchased a microsoft lifecam HD-3000 and have just loaded the hardware to install the device - it says that it is not compatible with Windows 10. Does anyone have any workarounds or tech advice you could help me with please? Thanks in advance...
  10. Driver Lifecam HD 3000

Driver Lifecam HD 3000: driver Lifecam HD 3000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-lifecam-hd-3000/ede6c356-fa2f-49ec-93cb-f6c075078e4a