Windows 10: LifeCam HD 5000 Zoom Options

Discus and support LifeCam HD 5000 Zoom Options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently dug out my old Microsoft LifeCam HD 5000 and got it running. Works fine. But I cannot find an option to change the zoom. The product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveClark590, Jan 7, 2019.

1. LifeCam HD 5000 Zoom Options

I recently dug out my old Microsoft LifeCam HD 5000 and got it running. Works fine. But I cannot find an option to change the zoom. The product details say it should have 4X digital zoom. Not finding it listed anywhere in settings. Not grayed out. Not a back page listing for "Advanced" or any other path of solution.

I want to know if there is a way to find out whether the zoom feature even exists for this particular camera. If it does, then how do I find it? If it does not, then are there other reliable options such as apps or work-arounds?

Thank you.

:)

SteveClark590, Jan 7, 2019

2. Lifecam HD 5000

Hi Lizza,

If you are referring to the Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 software, we'd like to advise you that there is no need to install the software
    for Windows 10 since its automatically installed on your PC. At the same time, we would like to confirm the following so we can provide additional help:

• Are you downloading the app from the Windows Store?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • Have you encountered any issues when using the camera?
    • Please provide us a screenshot of the issue.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 7, 2019
  3. LifeCam HD-5001 Disable Autofocus

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

LifeCam doesn’t have driver for Windows 10. I suggest you to update the LifeCam Driver from the following link and install the driver in the compatibility mode and verify the result.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-hd-5000

To install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a.Place the applications installation file on the Desktop.

b. Right-click on the application, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the
    Compatibility tab

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 7 with which it is compatible with in the
    Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click
    OK

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if the issue is not solved we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 7, 2019
  4. LifeCam HD 5000 Zoom Options

Lifecam HD 5000 Compatibility Issues In Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Lifecam HD 5000 Drivers for Windows 10 is not available for now. Once the drivers are available, you can install it. Have you tried to install the drivers in Compatibility mode and checked?

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

LifeCam HD 5000 Zoom Options

1. LifeCam HD 5000 Zoom Options - Similar Threads - LifeCam 5000 Zoom

2. Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 firmware non existent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 firmware non existent: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/get-firmware-drivers-and-software-for-microsoft-lifecam-cameras-4de0695c-8b9c-8666-24a8-ecd3d7a5d79b Hello there, reference the link above, I am attempted to download either the software or the firmware, and both links state that it...
  3. HD-5000 firmware update & LifeCam 3.6 links broken - where are the working links?

HD-5000 firmware update & LifeCam 3.6 links broken - where are the working links?: I have tried to download the HD-5000 firmware update and LifeCam 3.6 software but the links that your website provides, given below, fail with "file not found". Where can I find this software please? From "LifeCam HD-5000" page working link......
  4. LIFECAM VX-5000

LIFECAM VX-5000: I am utilizing Windows 10, version 1909, with my LifeCam VX-5000, web camera. Both audio and video work on SKYPE, yet on ZOOM, the audio will not work. On my video I see that the sound has been muted, but I can not un mute. When I test audio, the message states that there...
  5. How to get Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000 to work with Zoom?

How to get Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000 to work with Zoom?: Running on an ACER Aspire A515 with Windows 10 Home. The CD - LifeCam 3.0 will not install. So I downloaded the latest Lifecam 5000 driver from MS. Connected up the Cam. The system does recognize it and claims to have installed the driver. The camera light on top flashes...
  6. Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000 autofocus

Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000 autofocus: Hi, I have recently purchased a Lifecam HD-5000. It works fine overall however the autofocus causes it to focus in and out at irregular intervals, every few seconds at worst. Disabling the autofocus via the Camera app prevents this, however I cannot do this when using video...
  7. Lifecam 3000-HD

Lifecam 3000-HD: Hello I have a LifeCam 3000-HD and it was working perfectly since I purchased it in November 2019 until the day before yesterday. Now when I plug it in it produces a scrambled picture as per the snip below. I can fix this by opening Skype, taking the exposure setting off...
  8. Windows 10 and Lifecam 5000

Windows 10 and Lifecam 5000: I am running Windows 10. When I have my Microsoft LifeCam 5000 plugged in (USB) and restart my computer, it will not restart (blank screen). As soon as I unplug my LifeCam, the computer finishes restarting. I can then plug the LifeCam back in and everything works fine until I...
  9. Microsoft Lifecam VX-5000 software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Lifecam VX-5000 software: Does Microsoft allow users to download software for USED webcams bought at a thrift store????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lifecam-vx-5000-software/eb0d0a4a-022d-4835-9930-915e9417aaa6
  10. Lifecam Cinema HD

Lifecam Cinema HD: Shame on you, MS!!! I felt completely fooled. This f* camera doesn´t work with Windows 10! Never will buy one of your products again! Perish, s*! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-cinema-hd/85008e78-8145-46fe-a141-4576cc5ebc74

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lifecam hd-5000 windows 10 options

2. lifecam zoom settings

3. microsoft lifecam zoom windows 10

4. lifecam 5000 zoom out,
  5. disable auto-focus for LifeCam-5000 on Windows 10 zoom,
  6. hd lifecam 5000 how to zoom out,
  7. lifecam cinema zoom grayed out in windows 10,
  8. can you zoom out of a lifecam 5000 windows 10