Windows 10: Lifecam HD-5001 stopped working

Discus and support Lifecam HD-5001 stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can only think this is after an update, my webcam now appears in other devices and when i try to update the driver i am told windows found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshiDoT, Feb 26, 2020.

1. AshiDoT Win User

Lifecam HD-5001 stopped working

I can only think this is after an update, my webcam now appears in other devices and when i try to update the driver i am told windows found the drivers for my device but had an error trying to install them, if i know the manufacturers i should check there website.

Tried test mode etc and all the usual stuff, dont want to think M$ bricking things with updates like apple did with IOS ?

:)

AshiDoT, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Vanilla_ Win User

LifeCam HD-5001 not working on Windows 10

Recently found an old LifeCam HD-5001 with everything inside while I was cleaning up my closet. Everything is still in shape but when I try to set it up on my Laptop, it says "This app can't run on this PC" underneath that it says "LifeCam does not work
    on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available." I go to this link https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/lifecam-hd-5001 and downloaded the Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) firmware update and Lifecam 3.6 both saying "This app can't run on
    this PC, LifeCam does not work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available."

Any solutions?

Vanilla_, Feb 26, 2020
  3. gcouchco Win User
    MS HD 5001 Lifecam error

I have a MS HD 5001 Lifecam works fine with other video software(Skype) , but when I try to start it with its own software I get a message “initialisation error” can you offer any advice please.

gcouchco, Feb 26, 2020
  4. JimTXS Win User

LifeCam HD-5001 Disable Autofocus

I have the LifeCam HD-5001 that I bought when I was running Windows 7. Since then, I have upgraded to Windows 8, 8.1 and now 10. I need to disable the auto focus but the LifeCam software that was installed on Windows 7 does not exist on 10 nor can I find
    a version to download.

How can I turn off the auto focus for my camera? I'm comfortable with editing the registry if necessary.

JimTXS, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Lifecam HD-5001 stopped working - Similar Threads - Lifecam 5001 stopped

2. My Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 has stopped working - AGAIN.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 has stopped working - AGAIN.: It was working, I didn't use it for some months, now it has stopped again. I daresay I have gone through a few updates since then of Windows 10. Microsoft appears to not be able to produce a simple video product that consistently works.The system says there is no driver for...
  3. LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working

LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working: Hello! I have had this camera for several years now. Last time I used it was two days ago and it work as well as always. Today it just decided to stop functioning. The microphone works fine, and I can speak through it on different apps, however the camera refuses to work. I...
  4. Broken driver links for LifeCam HD-5001 on Microsoft website

Broken driver links for LifeCam HD-5001 on Microsoft website: There are two issues with my lifecam HD-5001. The lifecam microphone volume is too low and it constantly does auto focus. When I looked up online for any driver updates, I noticed that the driver links on Microsoft website below are broken 404 Error....
  5. Microsoft Lifecam 5001 no longer recognized in Windows 10

Microsoft Lifecam 5001 no longer recognized in Windows 10: After the recent windows updates my Microsoft Lifecam 5001 is no longer recognized by windows. Windows 10 does not even see this as a camera / mic any longer instead i see a "Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed" with a yellow triangle in the device manager. 1. I have tried...
  6. LifeCam Cinema HD not working with Windows 10

LifeCam Cinema HD not working with Windows 10: Hi, I purchased a LifeCam Cinema HD Webcam to use in my home office and on receiving it and installing it the camera is not working. The microphone is working fine. The details said it is perfectly suited for the Windows 10 platform that my laptop runs on. Looking on...
  7. Lifecam 3000-HD

Lifecam 3000-HD: Hello I have a LifeCam 3000-HD and it was working perfectly since I purchased it in November 2019 until the day before yesterday. Now when I plug it in it produces a scrambled picture as per the snip below. I can fix this by opening Skype, taking the exposure setting off...
  8. Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting

Microsoft LifeCam HD 5001 not working with compatibility setting: I've been trying to install LifeCam 3.5 or 3.6 app for my MICROSOFT Life Cam HD5001 in Windows 10 and keep getting the message about Security. I tried other recommendations to try and run it as an earlier version of Windows, ie 7, but still get the same message. Seems...
  9. Lifecam Cinema HD

Lifecam Cinema HD: Shame on you, MS!!! I felt completely fooled. This f* camera doesn´t work with Windows 10! Never will buy one of your products again! Perish, s*! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-cinema-hd/85008e78-8145-46fe-a141-4576cc5ebc74
  10. MS HD 5001 Lifecam error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS HD 5001 Lifecam error: I have a MS HD 5001 Lifecam works fine with other video software(Skype) , but when I try to start it with its own software I get a message “initialisation error” can you offer any advice please....