Windows 10: Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue

Discus and support Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am attempting to use multiple Studio Life Cams on a computer for a business Skype meeting. The issue I am running into is that USB hubs will not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SharpShootinYa, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue

I am attempting to use multiple Studio Life Cams on a computer for a business Skype meeting. The issue I am running into is that USB hubs will not work with more then 1 camera of this type. If I use one Lifecam studio and one Logitech cam they both work fine. When adding a second Lifecam the video software can not distinguish the cameras from one another. There are a few odd things happening in the hardware manager first the cameras do not show up in the web cam sections. They show up in imaging and in audio inputs and outputs. In imaging each device shows up uniquely. And in the software I can choose either audio stream and they both work. The video does not show up uniquely and the software defaults to the first one plugged in. I believe there needs to be a change similar to how the audio device is handled to fix the issue. Without this you are forced to have as many cameras as you do unique USB ports. Hubs currently will not work. Even though with 3.0 there is enough bandwidth to connect multiple cameras. I currently am running 3 at the same time from individual USB ports.

Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue c89567d0-26f1-444b-83ba-0a5f8161b97d?upload=true.png Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue 1b10e72e-a0ee-4690-85e2-a65d6ae224f8?upload=true.png

:)

SharpShootinYa, Apr 6, 2020

2. lifecam studio error code

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If I understood you right, you are facing issues installing LifeCam studio. I can help you with it.

First, I would suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    let’s update the Firmware and check if it makes any difference.

Microsoft Webcam: LifeCam Studio | Microsoft Accessories

If the issue persists, please uninstall the Microsoft LifeCam application from the control panel and install the fresh version.

1. Right click the screen's bottom-left corner, click Control Panel, and then, under
    Programs,

2. Click
    Uninstall a Program.

3. When you find the program
    Microsoft LifeCam, click it and Click Uninstall.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Visit the following link and install the Microsoft LifeCam application.

Microsoft Webcam: LifeCam Studio | Microsoft Accessories

You may also contact the Microsoft hardware support using this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/support/contact-us

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 6, 2020
  3. lifecam hd-6000

Hi,

To provide you an accurate resolution to your Lifecam HD-6000 camera issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue

Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio Camera does not show

Option 1 - Download Win 7 Driver and install in compatibility mode

Step 1: Download and install the latest drivers

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-gb/d/life...

Step 2: Try to install the driver in compatibility mod and check if it helps.

A. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties'

B. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the
    issue persists.

Option 2 - Uninstall USB Root Hub

I suggest that you try to uninstall USB Root Hub in the Device Manager. Kindly unplug first the LifeCam before performing the steps provided below:

Press Windows key + R and then type devmgmt.msc.

Click OK.

Select Universal Serial bus controllers in Device Manager.

Right-click USB Root Hub and select Uninstall.

Restart your computer and it will automatically install back the driver again.

Vijay_Verma, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue

1. Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue - Similar Threads - Lifecam Studio USB

2. Microsoft Lifecam Studio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifecam Studio Issues: My Microsoft Lifecam Studio webcam consistently freezes and shuts off after 5 to 30 seconds of use. This issue occurs in multiple applications and I've tried using different computers as well. I've tried the troubleshooting steps noted on Microsoft's website including...
  3. LifeCam Studio

LifeCam Studio: Hi Everyone, My LifeCam Studio keeps installing as an Audio Device so I cannot use the camera. Any advice? Cheers, Lna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio/a3834c61-68c7-46fb-bfd0-5f7384f4f2a3
  4. Lifecam Studio

Lifecam Studio: This device was working but not now. Have reinstalled webcam, rebooted PC, updated drivers. Nothing works. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio/0cacf21f-8c36-4439-a2c6-371bcd65cd89
  5. Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software: Hi dear friends of Microsoft Recently, I bought a Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080p HD; it came without the software CD. I searched through the web, trying to find the software to no success. I found some on this page:...
  6. Lifecam Studio HD/FullHD Resolution Flicker Like Issue on Camera APP

Lifecam Studio HD/FullHD Resolution Flicker Like Issue on Camera APP: Hello First sorry if i don't post i correct category , i did not find any category for hardware's i just bought a Life Cam Studio and have a strange Issue with it when i connect it and open camera app on 1080 and 720 Resolution there are some horizontal lines , but when i...
  7. Lifecam Studio Resolution Issue

Lifecam Studio Resolution Issue: I have a Lifecam Studio that I previously owned and didn't use much. Back when I first got it; I was able to get full 1080p resolution from it. I've tried installing it recently, both on Windows 10, and I even installed it on my Windows XP Virtual Machine just as a test....
  8. lifecam studio problem

lifecam studio problem: my win 10 laptop wont reconise my lifecam studio when i plug it in a message says usb device not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-problem/cea87e0e-87cf-4bb8-b467-1b703745169b
  9. Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio Camera does not show

Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio Camera does not show: Although The Web camera does show up under USB devices in the control panel, Applications are not finding it. Has anyone had problems with this camera? If so, have you found a workaround for it to be recognized? Thanks, Mike...
  10. lifecam studio & KB4343669

lifecam studio & KB4343669: Lifecam studio not working after KB4343669 update (19th July 18) done the whole uninstall thing but because the drivers are WHQL there is no independent driver release. works fine on machines without the update, also does not work fine on machines with the update. tried...