Windows 10: Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

Discus and support Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my Microsoft LifeCam studio webcam on Windows 10 version 1909, I can view the cam in skype and the camera app on edge but I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jct066, Jan 7, 2020.

1. jct066 Win User

Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

I'm trying to use my Microsoft LifeCam studio webcam on Windows 10 version 1909, I can view the cam in skype and the camera app on edge but I don't have control over the cam including zoom, pan and tilt. When I attempt to install the software for the cam I receive a message saying....LifeCam can't run on Windows, check for an updated version of this app that runs on Windows, I have searched everywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

jct066, Jan 7, 2020

2. how to get a new lifecam studio webcam to work in windows 10

Hi Keningignoli,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Have you installed the drivers which are necessary for new LifeCam studio webcam to work?

If not, I suggest you to install the drivers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Microsoft Lifecam Studio

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Reference:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/help/support/troubleshooting/webcam/lifecam-setup

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

Microsoft LifeCam Studio

GOOD MORNING

Thanks for responding to my question. My LifeCam Studio is not downloading properly. I've tried every recommendation given and no success.

If I may: I run windows10 PRO on a Gateway SX2855 Desktop. In Installing the webcam, links tell me of the installing and completion of install of the LifeCam Studio. When I open the camera link I see myself on screen with directions to operate the installed
    Camera although there would be no image without the LifeCam Studio being installed, there are no features, controls, etc, nothing relating to the LifeCam Studio.

In Programs and Features there is no mention of the LifeCam Studio Although, I found it in Device Manager! I can find no LifeCam Studio software or mention of it on my computer. I have followed the link for "LifeCam Updates", the link goes back and forth
    telling me to "make sure that the LifeCam is connected". I do, and nothing happens.

Now I've done all the 'uninstalls and installs' I can think of and the ones I've been instructed to do. I've even bought a Driver Update service. So, please help me if you can. I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

A final though: Do I have a defective Camera?

Bill Gibbs

WILLIAM HGIBBS JR, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

1. Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows - Similar Threads - Lifecam studio webcam

2. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  3. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  4. Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11: Windows 11 doesn't have the Microsoft lifecam studio webcam drivers and I can't find it online. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-webcam-drivers-not-on-windows-11/831bc8ef-eaf7-4c6e-b33a-26b49529f47d
  5. Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11

Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11: Windows 11 doesn't have the Microsoft lifecam studio webcam drivers and I can't find it online. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-webcam-drivers-not-on-windows-11/831bc8ef-eaf7-4c6e-b33a-26b49529f47d
  6. LifeCam Studio Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam Studio Webcam: I accidentally removed the webcam device from the control panel and i do not know how to get it back, when i try use it there is an image for a second but then a black screen, it is listed in device manager but i dont know what to do, need help ASAP, need the webcam for...
  7. LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10

LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10: I just received a LifeCam Studio, and it runs without any installation required on Windows 10 build 2004. However, there are no camera controls, e.g. brightness, contrast, color. It is clear from other postings that there were camera controls for this webcam in WIndows 7....
  8. LifeCam Studio

LifeCam Studio: Hi Everyone, My LifeCam Studio keeps installing as an Audio Device so I cannot use the camera. Any advice? Cheers, Lna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio/a3834c61-68c7-46fb-bfd0-5f7384f4f2a3
  9. Lifecam Studio

Lifecam Studio: This device was working but not now. Have reinstalled webcam, rebooted PC, updated drivers. Nothing works. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio/0cacf21f-8c36-4439-a2c6-371bcd65cd89
  10. Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software

Webcam Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080 Hd Software: Hi dear friends of Microsoft Recently, I bought a Microsoft Lifecam Studio 1080p HD; it came without the software CD. I searched through the web, trying to find the software to no success. I found some on this page:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lifecam studio device not recognized

2. lifecam cant run on windows