Windows 10: Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

Discus and support Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Updated the camera drivers and no issue with hardware as well . Tried with different cameras as well same Lifecam studio. This issue happens only with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SINGH Manish, May 25, 2023.

1. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

Updated the camera drivers and no issue with hardware as well . Tried with different cameras as well same Lifecam studio. This issue happens only with HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Other models work Okay . Help Please!!!!!!!!!

:)

SINGH Manish, May 25, 2023

2. LifeCam Studio - I need camera controls, etc

Hi,

The Microsoft LifeCam Studio enables you to control most of the settings of your webcam. However, while the camera is on, the only controls are
    Exposure and Timer, The webcam adjusts its focus automatically by default, but if you opt to change the settings, you can take control of the device and adjust it manually.

To do that, follow these easy steps:

• Launch the Microsoft LifeCam software and click the arrow at the right of the LifeCam window to open the dashboard.
    • Click the "Gear" icon to switch to the Settings tab and disable "Truecolor" by clearing its check box.
    • Click the "Properties" button to view the webcam's advanced settings.
    • Click the "Camera Control" tab, deselect the "Auto" option next to "Focus" and click "Apply."
    • Move the "Focus" slider to change the focus of your LifeCam manually. Moving the slider to the right makes the camera focus on objects that are closer to its lens, while moving the slider to the left forces the camera to focus on objects that are farther
      away.
    • Click "OK" to apply the new settings and close the Properties window.

Note that the focus controls are only available on some LifeCam models.

Should you have other concerns, just send us a reply.

Marque Lor, May 25, 2023
  3. jct066 Win User
    Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

Hi Ashton, thank you for trying to help solve my LifeCam Studio problem.

Yes I have attempted to install software from https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/449688...
    this is where I receive the message LifeCam can't run on Windows...check for an updated version of this app that runs on Windows.

I also followed PW and CH suggestions, unfortunately I'm still unable to have control over the camera functions like zoom, pan and tilt, using skype and the edge camera there is no way to adjust the camera settings

Device manager shows Microsoft LifeCam Studio driver version 5.20.102.0 Date 07/01/2016

Device manager on the events Tab device install requested, information is Device USB\VID_045E&PID_0772&MI_00\6&2475ca9a&0&0000 requires further installation.

I should mention lifeCam Studio isn't listed in programs and features in control panel, also I did a restart then connected the USB cable again.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated

jct066, May 25, 2023
  4. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10

I just received a LifeCam Studio, and it runs without any installation required on Windows 10 build 2004. However, there are no camera controls, e.g. brightness, contrast, color. It is clear from other postings that there were camera controls for this
    webcam in WIndows 7. How does one access camera controls in Windows 10? (Cheaper Logitech webcams have such controls.)

Buxton DPB, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

1. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera. - Similar Threads - Lifecam Studio webcam

2. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  3. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  4. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.: Updated the camera drivers and no issue with hardware as well . Tried with different cameras as well same Lifecam studio. This issue happens only with HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Other models work Okay . Help Please!!!!!!!!!...
  5. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.: Updated the camera drivers and no issue with hardware as well . Tried with different cameras as well same Lifecam studio. This issue happens only with HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Other models work Okay . Help Please!!!!!!!!!...
  6. Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11: Windows 11 doesn't have the Microsoft lifecam studio webcam drivers and I can't find it online. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-webcam-drivers-not-on-windows-11/831bc8ef-eaf7-4c6e-b33a-26b49529f47d
  7. Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11

Lifecam Studio webcam drivers not on Windows 11: Windows 11 doesn't have the Microsoft lifecam studio webcam drivers and I can't find it online. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-studio-webcam-drivers-not-on-windows-11/831bc8ef-eaf7-4c6e-b33a-26b49529f47d
  8. LifeCam Studio Webcam

LifeCam Studio Webcam: I accidentally removed the webcam device from the control panel and i do not know how to get it back, when i try use it there is an image for a second but then a black screen, it is listed in device manager but i dont know what to do, need help ASAP, need the webcam for...
  9. LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10

LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10: I just received a LifeCam Studio, and it runs without any installation required on Windows 10 build 2004. However, there are no camera controls, e.g. brightness, contrast, color. It is clear from other postings that there were camera controls for this webcam in WIndows 7....
  10. Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows

Lifecam studio webcam can't run on Windows: I'm trying to use my Microsoft LifeCam studio webcam on Windows 10 version 1909, I can view the cam in skype and the camera app on edge but I don't have control over the cam including zoom, pan and tilt. When I attempt to install the software for the cam I receive a message...