Windows 10: Lifecam Studio

Discus and support Lifecam Studio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This device was working but not now. Have reinstalled webcam, rebooted PC, updated drivers. Nothing works. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuzanneAFT, May 18, 2020.

1. Lifecam Studio

This device was working but not now. Have reinstalled webcam, rebooted PC, updated drivers. Nothing works. Any ideas?

:)

SuzanneAFT, May 18, 2020

2. lifecam studio error code

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If I understood you right, you are facing issues installing LifeCam studio. I can help you with it.

First, I would suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    let’s update the Firmware and check if it makes any difference.

Microsoft Accessories | Webcams

If the issue persists, please uninstall the Microsoft LifeCam application from the control panel and install the fresh version.

1. Right click the screen's bottom-left corner, click Control Panel, and then, under
    Programs,

2. Click
    Uninstall a Program.

3. When you find the program
    Microsoft LifeCam, click it and Click Uninstall.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Visit the following link and install the Microsoft LifeCam application.

Microsoft Accessories | Webcams

You may also contact the Microsoft hardware support using this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/support/contact-us

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, May 18, 2020
  3. Mark Lakewood, May 18, 2020
  4. Lifecam Studio

Microsoft LifeCam Studio

GOOD MORNING

Thanks for responding to my question. My LifeCam Studio is not downloading properly. I've tried every recommendation given and no success.

If I may: I run windows10 PRO on a Gateway SX2855 Desktop. In Installing the webcam, links tell me of the installing and completion of install of the LifeCam Studio. When I open the camera link I see myself on screen with directions to operate the installed
    Camera although there would be no image without the LifeCam Studio being installed, there are no features, controls, etc, nothing relating to the LifeCam Studio.

In Programs and Features there is no mention of the LifeCam Studio Although, I found it in Device Manager! I can find no LifeCam Studio software or mention of it on my computer. I have followed the link for "LifeCam Updates", the link goes back and forth
    telling me to "make sure that the LifeCam is connected". I do, and nothing happens.

Now I've done all the 'uninstalls and installs' I can think of and the ones I've been instructed to do. I've even bought a Driver Update service. So, please help me if you can. I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

A final though: Do I have a defective Camera?

Bill Gibbs

WILLIAM HGIBBS JR, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Lifecam Studio

1. Lifecam Studio - Similar Threads - Lifecam Studio

2. Microsoft Lifecam Studio is giving yellowish photos when taking portrait photos, I used...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Lifecam Studio is giving yellowish photos when taking portrait photos, I used...: Microsoft Lifecam Studio is giving yellowish photos when taking portrait photos, i used black background, how does surrounding color effect the picture quality? how to solve this?* Changed to a question...
  3. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  4. Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio webcam Software for Windows 11: For those that have a Lifecam Studio WebCam, I can say I went to install the software on my Windows 11 Dell and it said that it was outdated. I took the disk out and plugged the camera into the USB on the computer and one and done. My camera works and the mic works on it...
  5. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.: Updated the camera drivers and no issue with hardware as well . Tried with different cameras as well same Lifecam studio. This issue happens only with HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Other models work Okay . Help Please!!!!!!!!!...
  6. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.: Updated the camera drivers and no issue with hardware as well . Tried with different cameras as well same Lifecam studio. This issue happens only with HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Other models work Okay . Help Please!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Lifecam Studio webcam light is always ON even when not using any application with Camera.

8. Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Microsoft LifeCam Studio: purchased above model No 1425 in May 2022. Camera is not working. turns on when plugged in the disappears after few minutes. logged call with work IT. They have looked internally in my computer. tried camera on another computer but doing the same thing. Advised it is a...
  9. LifeCam Studio produces green picture

LifeCam Studio produces green picture: I recently purchased a LifeCam Studio and the picture in every app I've tried is green and horribly over exposed. There are no drivers for Windows 10 since it claims they are built in. Looking at the driver information it says it's version 10.0.19041.1202. I've tired:Deleting...
  10. LifeCam Studio produces green picture

LifeCam Studio produces green picture: I recently purchased a LifeCam Studio and the picture in every app I've tried is green and horribly over exposed. There are no drivers for Windows 10 since it claims they are built in. Looking at the driver information it says it's version 10.0.19041.1202. I've tired:Deleting...