Windows 10: LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

Discus and support LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 updated recently and my LifeCam webcam stopped working completely. I followed EVERY SINGLE bit of advice on forums and threads on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liz Lumley, Jul 1, 2020.

1. LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

My Windows 10 updated recently and my LifeCam webcam stopped working completely. I followed EVERY SINGLE bit of advice on forums and threads on this site. I uninstalled, I deleted, I reinstalled, I rebooted and rebooted and rebooted. NOTHING WORKS . So PLEASE for the love of God, do not send me instructions to 'go to device manager, uninstall....' Also do not send me to a Microsoft page the asked me to download a driver for Windows 7 or Vista. My Webcam is 8.1 and my Windows is the latest 10.

This seems like a VERY COMMON problem. There is also no clear information on how the warranty works.

What in the world do I do?

:)

Liz Lumley, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Mark Lakewood, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    LifeCam HD-3000 Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest that you try to uninstall USB Root Hub in the Device Manager. Kindly unplug first the LifeCam before performing the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R and then type devmgmt.msc.
    • Click OK.
    • Select Universal Serial bus controllers in Device Manager.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer and it will automatically install back the driver again.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jul 1, 2020
  4. LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

LifeCam Setup 4.25 not installing on Windows 10

Hi,
    Thank you for posting in Microsoft community

I suggest you to Uninstall your current webcam and try to install 4.25 webcam,follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Uninstall 3.60 Life cam setup.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows logo key +X key.

2) Click Control panel

3) Click Programs

4) Click Programs and Features.

5)Right click on the program and Uninstall.

Step 2 : Install 4.25 Setup in Compatibility Mode.

The steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Note: I suggest you to refer the below link for further reference.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-studio

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with any issues with windows.

We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

1. LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE - Similar Threads - LifeCam DOES ANYMORE

2. Microsoft LifeCam Studio does not work with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam Studio does not work with Windows 11: HelloI've been using the Microsoft LifeCam studio since the pandemic started.It worked fine with Windows 10, and I upgraded to Windows 11 in early November 2020.It worked with Windows 11 as well, but it used to give black screen on Teams frequently.The solution used to be...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam Studio does not work with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam Studio does not work with Windows 11: HelloI've been using the Microsoft LifeCam studio since the pandemic started.It worked fine with Windows 10, and I upgraded to Windows 11 in early November 2020.It worked with Windows 11 as well, but it used to give black screen on Teams frequently.The solution used to be...
  4. My Windows Key does not work anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Key does not work anymore.: When I press it to use it for short cuts or just to open the search bar. It does not work. But I can still open the search bar when I click the symbol. submitted by /u/Hyku_HD [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 does not work anymore after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not work anymore after update: Hello, In June, for no apparent reason, Windows 10 completely stopped working. I tried all the classic tricks to make it start again from the recovery menu, but nothing worked. In August, I just reinstalled Windows 10 entirely. And it worked. Since September 13th I think,...
  6. Microsoft LifeCam Studio not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam Studio not working on Windows 10: Hello, I have a LifeCam HD-500 and the auto-focus is really annoying. I'm trying to turn it off but I've read this has to be done in the LifeCam Studio. I tried to install LifeCam 3.60, but it won't work. I can't even find the app in the start menu and I have no clue where...
  7. Bluetooth does not work anymore on Windows 10

Bluetooth does not work anymore on Windows 10: Hello, After I formatted Windows 10 a few months ago Bluetooth devices no longer work on my computer. Whenever I try to add a Bluetooth device in Settings -> Bluetooth and other devices -> Add a device, the following window which is supposed to show discoverable devices,...
  8. Microsoft LifeCam not working with windows 10

Microsoft LifeCam not working with windows 10: i still cannot re-load the Lifecam suite on my computer after a upgrade to windows 10. I have tried the links in the previous questions but it still does not work. Is Microsoft planning on upgrading this software to work with windows 10....
  9. Turning off autocorrect in Windows 10 does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off autocorrect in Windows 10 does not work anymore: On my Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10, AND on my laptop with Windows 10, I have autocorrect turned off via the 'typing' settings.. But this doesn't seem to be working anymore. Microsoft Edge keeps autocorrecting, I've tried everything.. yes also restarting etc (i'm an...
  10. Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore: Hi everyone, I am experiencing several problems since I downloaded Windows 10. At the beginning everything looked fine after the download. Once I have set up OneDrive on my Microsoft account the problems started. 1. When starting the computer the screen starts flashing...