Windows 10: Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select...

Discus and support Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, got a little writeup for you. Premise. As you may guess(or, if you don't, means you're OK with the sound on your laptop after the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonidMina, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select...

Hi everyone, got a little writeup for you.

Premise. As you may guess(or, if you don't, means you're OK with the sound on your laptop after the latest Win10 updates, you're on an older version, or your laptop managed to avoid this error), apparently the Windows 10 1709 update broke DTS Studio Sound on Harman Kardon-equipped Toshiba laptops (this at least affects the P50-A series). Honestly I didn't try installing it again on the very last build because my workaround hasn't failed me (yet), but I remember that DTS Studio Sound still threw out a "Failed to find APO endpoint" error whatever "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" driver version I'd choose (there are several available AFAIK) some time ago.
    Problem? Very very tinny sound, no bass at all, unpleasant to the ears even. You know your massive (quite so for a laptop, not kidding) speakers can do better, even without a subwoofer.
    Anyway, not too many people have heard of Equalizer APO. Even less people have heard of various graphical interfaces meant to make it usable for an average Joe. Too bad because it's a life-saver in so many cases.

Solution.
    1)
    Equalizer APO is a very nice piece of audio control "intermediate" software (sorta like a permanent equalizer). It launches automatically in the background on startup. You can get it on Sourceforge. I'm using v1.2.
    Of course you can configure the EQ preferences to your taste right in the APO dashboard but on its own, Equalizer APO seems to be a pretty raw program (like a backend, even an API if you will). I had some trouble with the EQ setting knobs right here (it showed an error if I remember correctly). This is what different kinds GUI were made for:
    2) One such GUI is called PC Equalizer.Another good variant would be Peace Equalizer I believe. Didn't try it out. It's a graphical interface for Equalizer APO with almost the same knob system but a tiny bit different interface. What it does is that it manages the APO settings conveniently, allowing the user to create custom profiles. It's also available on Sourceforge, and v1.3.1.11 is what I'd recommend (it isn't said to have Artemis pre-bundled, unlike the newer releases.)
    3) After tinkering a bit with the EQ inside PC Equalizer, I made a profile which I believe would the closest possible match to the original super-boomy DTS Studio sound. It may be a bit quiet for some (I didn't enable volume normalisation) but I feel it has a very decent amount of bass.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting to you my custom profile. Get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1ao7u7thp9t3mo/eqpreset.txt?dl=0
    You'll need to copy this text profile to the preset subfolder inside the PC Equalizer directory. Normally, on a 64-bit system you can access it by typing %ProgramFiles(X86)%\PC Equalizer\data\preset inside your File Explorer window. On a 32-bit system, remove the (X86) bit and you're good to go. It is, of course, only true if you didn't modify the installation directory during setup, changed some variables manually, etc. Please report if it (or something else from this post) doesn't work for you.
    Alternatively, you can just open the file and alter the knobs in your copy of PC Equalizer accordingly (you'll have to switch to the 20 B mode on the "Equalizer" tab). Don't forget to save the preset.

Surely, nothing stops you from experimenting on your own. Just don't delete System32 or format your system drive in the process because these kinds of infinite "space compression" are only infinite due to their compressing the files literally to infinity, rendering your Windows installation unusable.

And of course, Linux users won't have any trouble with optimising the sound at their taste as well. PulseAudio (please "correct if wrong" ) + graphical EQs are at your service.

:)

LeonidMina, Feb 1, 2019
  2. tole011 Win User

DTS faield to find APO endpoint

Reinstalled both IDS and DTS. Same error: DTS failed to find APO endpoint. I don't even know what it is. Never mind, I give up... I have some sound so I have to live with it... Thanks again and have a nice day.

tole011, Feb 1, 2019
  3. tole011 Win User
    DTS faield to find APO endpoint

I have Toshiba Satellite L50 (2013) laptop. After updating windows 10 to latest (1803) version DTS stop responding. I tried to reinstall sound drivers and DTS software, but with no success. Any suggestions other than reinstalling drivers and software?
    Thanks.

tole011, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select...

Failed to find APO endpoint

The instructions what are writen didn t help me out... I m done with these steps (the sound drivers were updated) and the dts program still doesn t working and shows the same text. This f.....ng .... im angry... because i listen music a lot, but i think
    since these new windows updates it s normally imposimble through the 3.5 mm jack! pls can you help me? (The dts sound is not upgradable and i can not find any DTS DRIVER named driver (sry for the english if i wrote something wrong Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select... :)

BenceFekete, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select...

1. Lifehack for the victims of DTS Studio Sound "Failed to find APO endpoint" on select... - Similar Threads - Lifehack victims DTS

2. Dts apo 4 service error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dts apo 4 service error.: Hello. I got this error during reboot. How to fix it? I also realized that this error appears when I turn on auto-login in windows and restart the laptop. DTS X is working fine. I turned on autologin to windows without a password and this error occurred during the restart. It...
  3. Dts apo 4 service error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dts apo 4 service error.: Hello. I got this error during reboot. How to fix it? I also realized that this error appears when I turn on auto-login in windows and restart the laptop. DTS X is working fine. I turned on autologin to windows without a password and this error occurred during the restart. It...
  4. Dts apo 4 service error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dts apo 4 service error.

6. My DTS studio sound is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My DTS studio sound is gone: Before i update my audio drivers i have this thing called DTS studio sound its pretty coolafter i update my audio drivers its suddenly gone like its gone i tried to search it on windows search bar its doesnt show upSo is there any way to bring it back?...
  7. My DTS studio sound is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DTS studio sound is gone: Before i update my audio drivers i have this thing called DTS studio sound its pretty coolafter i update my audio drivers its suddenly gone like its gone i tried to search it on windows search bar its doesnt show upSo is there any way to bring it back?...
  8. My DTS studio sound is gone

9. Dts Sound issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dts Sound issue: I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software. With the new update i was not able to control the DTS audio and it is making really fussy noise and is not at all good. Please help me to...
  10. DTS studio sound system app failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS studio sound system app failure: I'm using Toshiba "P50- A Y3110" model laptop. It is showing "failed to find APO endpoint" how to troubleshoot? I tried it through updating drivers didn't work . can I get any help?! Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dts sound failed to find apo endpoint

2. failed to find apo endpoint

3. failed to find apo endpoint windows 10

4. windows 10 dts sound failed to find apo endpoint,
  5. dts audio failed ato end point,
  6. no apo endpoint toshiba laptop,
  7. dts sound apo endpoint,
  8. failed to open apo endpoint windows 10,
  9. tch?v=E63LwtU2KMs,
  10. dts sound failed to find apo endpoint toshiba laptop,
  11. find apo end point,