Windows 10: Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for $7.99 -- Legit?

Discus and support Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for $7.99 -- Legit? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I know many sketchy things -- especially regarding softwares -- can be found on eBay but I can't seem to wrap my head around how this deal is possible.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by KabyBlue, Feb 16, 2018.

1. KabyBlue Win User

Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for $7.99 -- Legit?

I know many sketchy things -- especially regarding softwares -- can be found on eBay but I can't seem to wrap my head around how this deal is possible. The seller seems to swear (for what it's worth) that the listing is completely legal and legit. Something to do with an academic license and is quoted saying, "It is legal to resell this license and the sale is in conformity with the EU Directive 2009/24/EC."

So, what do you guys think?

Here is the eBay listing --> Microsoft Office 365 Home Subscription 5 Users PC/Mac | Lifetime

Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for .99 -- Legit? [​IMG]

:)

KabyBlue, Feb 16, 2018

2. New windows phone - what about office?

I have a Lumia 1020 (paid £500 because microsoft promised lifetime windows upgrades-always a new phone!).

Now they say they are not going to upgrade?

Also best camera with 41 mega pix.

It came with office (for life), not a subscription office 365 mobile.

If I get a Lumia 950 XL (comes with 1 years office 365) can i move my office lifetime over or will i have to start subscribing after 1 year?

MarcusFielding, Feb 16, 2018
  3. RobHaigh Win User
    Re-installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive?

Hi there,

Just to fully explain my predicament ....

My Asus PC came with Windows 8.1 and at some point I took the 'Free Upgrade' to Windows 10.

I also pay a monthly subscription to Microsoft for Office 365 ... € 7.99 if my memory serves me ...

My hard drive was destroyed and a new one has been installed with Windows 8.1 ... which I want to upgrade to Widows 10.

It seems like they have now stopped the 'Free Upgrade' to Windows 10 ... and are asking for € 7.99 a month or one-off sum.

Does the Windows 10 package include Office 365 and if so it will be my original account with all my business and private info.

I have to pay extra for that package and if so how do I upgrade my package ??

Thanks to anyone with the time to respond ... stranded in Morocco, trying to survive on my online business ... it's a tad stressful!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category & language.***

RobHaigh, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for $7.99 -- Legit?

From Ebay?? I would not buy one.

Josey Wales, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    Sounds like someone in the right place at the right time, got a bunch of one-off complimentary IT keys and made a ton of duplicates, (unless the amount sold is a crock of you know what!)

Sketchy as heck, specially the part in red!

Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for .99 -- Legit? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 16, 2018
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Ebay is better known in my part of the world as SCAMBAY (although with care and especially due diligence it is possible to get valid items with reasonable provenance) .

If I need something I though would only ever consider ebay as a final resort and then resign myself to the fact that I might not get what I wanted anyway and just take a punt on it working.

Why on earth would Ms supply a generally available lifetime license for USD 7.99 / EUR 7.50. Nothing wrong with giving one (i.e ONE ONLY ) to an individual who had done something for the company or won a particular award etc but it certainly wouldn't be a purchase available to all and sundry.

It shows the scammers really have ZERO brain content -- if the price were say something like 250 USD then they would get a lot more people falling into the trap --

Corporates like Ms don't do "bargain Basement" -- and why would they -- Ms Office is still one of Ms'es biggest profit making items - especially with corporates --why would they need to go for the "low money" customers for this particular product.

People who fall for that stuff deserve IMO to get taken for the proverbial ride.

Remember -- " The price of Education might be expensive - but the price of Ignorance is astronomical". !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 17, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    The mention of EU does suggest some countries have differing licensing possibilities. Also of note is Office 365 is a monthly subscription while Office 2016 is a one-time installation [or reinstall] similar to earlier versions.

Berton, Feb 17, 2018
  8. maryeleek Win User

I believe there is a current offer by Microsoft to purchase MS Office 365 subscription for $69.?? per year or 7.99 per month if paid monthly. I don't know if that is a lifetime price or how long the yearly subscription rate is honored but the offer is by Microsoft. I think it covered one PC, one smart phone and one tablet and, I think, included 1TB of cloud storage as I just skimmed over the offer.

maryeleek, Feb 17, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    AIUI, this EU directive removes the restrictions on selling on an OEM licence. So, for example, an OEM Windows 10 can legitimately be sold on to a third party in the EU.

This scam seems to be one step beyond that though. It would appear to be some sort of volume 'Education' deal that the seller is selling off piece-meal to unsuspecting punters. I very much doubt if the EU directive stretches that far - expect trouble down the line if/when MS realises what's going on.

10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I think the OP was not suggesting these offers were Legit offers by Ms - but those available on dubious places like ebay.

If the offer genuinely comes from Ms itself or a legally appointed 3rd party supplier --no problem but when you have to get it from ebay -- No thanks.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 17, 2018
  11. You are right

hTconeM9user, Feb 17, 2018
  12. Berton Win User
    Berton, Feb 17, 2018
  13. Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for $7.99 -- Legit?

MikeMecanic, Feb 20, 2018
  14. axe0 New Member
    Sounds like licenses for students and teachers are being sold, AFAIK academic licenses are the only ones that come with 5TB per user.
    I suspect office 365 A3 is being sold, costs $2.5 per student and $3.25 per staff member. $7.99 for 1 license covers 2/3 licenses, with the amount that looks to have been sold and could be sold in the future...
    Compare Office 365 Education Plans

Thema:

1. Lifetime Office 365 Subscription for $7.99 -- Legit? - Similar Threads - Lifetime Office 365

2. Lifetime subscription to windows 2011?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lifetime subscription to windows 2011?: When I purchased my Microsoft words 2011 i was purchasing a lifetime subscription. Now I have an up to date MacBook Pro and the 2011 application won’t work on it. Is there a way for me to get access to Microsoft word/power point/Excel again without having to purchase as I...
  3. "Problem with Office 365 Subscription" Message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Problem with Office 365 Subscription" Message: I'm getting these rather irritating messages on my laptop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Problem is, if I click on "Go to my account" or "Fix", it doesn't tell me anythings useful. Background: I've just retired as an IT trainer, so I cancelled my Office 365 subscription. I did...
  4. Renewal of OFFICE-365 subscription

Renewal of OFFICE-365 subscription: Hi, I am unable to renew the OFFICE-365 subscription. The payment option only has a credit/debit card. Tried using multiple cards, it always says that the details entered are incorrect. The site says "Bank couldn't authorize the payment method". The debit cards are all active...
  5. subscription Microsoft Office 365

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    subscription Microsoft Office 365: I have a subscription for Microsoft Office 365 for a computer at email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I need to renew this subscription as the credit card connected to the greenslopes account has been destroyed Can you please help me do this...
  6. Office 365 subscription unlicensed product

Office 365 subscription unlicensed product: This message appears on my microsoft Excel program and denies me access to use Excel. I have using Excel for a year. Can you help me please. Thanks...
  7. Office 365 Home Subscription

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 Home Subscription: How do I know if I have any Office 365 subscriptions left on my card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/office-365-home-subscription/6a7fbce8-ce17-42be-81ae-113ac2b75282
  8. office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365 subscription: Can I install Office 365 to both a PC and a Mac computer? I understand that it can be installed on 5 devices. Is it right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/office-365-subscription/a84ea69b-5dcb-41eb-86d1-fbebfcd5396c
  9. Office 365 1 year versus lifetime

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 1 year versus lifetime: Having had a one-off Office 97 for years (yes I know), I must upgrade my technology. What I see regarding Office 365 is that you can pay about £50 for a one-year subscription. What happens after a year? Does it stop working unless you can renew online somehow for a further...
  10. Change Office 365 subscription

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change Office 365 subscription: Hi, One member of my family who has office 365 Personal subscription on her laptop. She's the first one to try out the office 365. Later, I bought a office 365 home subscription for more than one users. And I was thinking of bringing her across from personal to our office...