Windows 10: lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

Discus and support lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't wake on lifting the lid. I have checked the setting in power management and it is set to wake, both on battery and on power. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GlennMurphy3, May 7, 2021.

1. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

My laptop doesn't wake on lifting the lid. I have checked the setting in power management and it is set to wake, both on battery and on power. I have searched the internet and the Microsoft site for an answer, but the only answer seems to be what I have already done.

:)

GlennMurphy3, May 7, 2021
  2. Alice72 Win User

Unable to disable automatic power on when laptop lid is lifted

I recently got a new laptop [Samsung]. It comes with the Windows 10 system. Everything seems to be working, but whenever I shut down the computer then close the lid, next time I lift the lid, the computer powers on automatically.

I have read that this is because the Windows 10 shut down option doesn’t actually shut the computer down, and I have tried the few suggestions I have seen for changing this.

1. I turned off “Fast Startup”

2. I disabled hibernation.

However, it is still happening! It is driving me crazy because I don’t want my computer to turn on just because I lift the lid. It is highly inconvenient.

I have been doing almost nothing but researching this problem ever since I got the laptop. It is driving me nuts. If anyone has an answer, please help!

Alice72, May 7, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 7, 2021
  4. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

How to get my laptop to wake from sleep upon lifting the lid?

How can I set my laptop to wake up from sleep when I lift the lid?

Skat0r vista, May 7, 2021
Thema:

lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

1. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so. - Similar Threads - lifting lid doesn't

2. 2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 of 3 Moniters Turn Off When Lid is Closed, Despite the Lid Close Option being Set to Do...: Have a dell docking station, three dell moniters and a dell laptop.It was literally working fine All thre moniters would work with the lid closed for 2 weeks but all the sudden one day I plug in with the laptop lid closed and only one of the three moniters will work unless I...
  3. My laptop doesn't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop doesn't start: I was working on fixing my mic suddenly i notification appeared to me telling me i have problem with my audio device and instead of cancelling it i accidentally opened it and after that my laptop freezed the it keeps restarting but it doesn't start up. I tried to get the auto...
  4. Closing the laptop's lid doesn't keep both the connected monitors "ON"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Closing the laptop's lid doesn't keep both the connected monitors "ON": So I have an Acer laptop to which I have two extended monitors connected: one directly via HDMI and the other through USBA-HDMI adapter (since there's only one HDMI port on the laptop). When I close laptop's lid though, I see both the monitors flickering and sometimes one of...
  5. GPO sttings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPO sttings: My privacy options, dagnostics settings.... are blocked saying i need to contact my administation . I dont have the rights to access those settings . So I tried to edit the gpo and access the computer config but it wont work . Not with the Run not thru search either so how...
  6. No lift in MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lift in MSFS2020: I cannot get off from the runway. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-lift-in-msfs2020/0a727a1d-1636-45a6-90a8-d632d340b80a
  7. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings: The other day, my work laptop insisted on installing some huge update. Now, DESPITE all of the Power Settings and What To Do When Lid Is Closed Settings clearly stating otherwise, my machine seemingly insists upon shutting down - rather than going to sleep - upon shutting the...
  8. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  9. Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid: Hi I've just started having a problem when waking my screen from sleep or hibernation of it pixelating. This only happens on windows which are open so if I close for example the browsers window then open a fresh one the problem will disappear....
  10. Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so: I have my settings configured to automatically download and install Windows updates, yet every single day I have to manually check for updates and there are always updates found, which then proceed to be installed. Why is this? By very definition, shouldn't "automatic...