Windows 10: lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

Discus and support lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't wake on lifting the lid. I have checked the setting in power management and it is set to wake, both on battery and on power. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GlennMurphy3, May 7, 2021.

1. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

My laptop doesn't wake on lifting the lid. I have checked the setting in power management and it is set to wake, both on battery and on power. I have searched the internet and the Microsoft site for an answer, but the only answer seems to be what I have already done.

:)

GlennMurphy3, May 7, 2021
  2. Alice72 Win User

Unable to disable automatic power on when laptop lid is lifted

I recently got a new laptop [Samsung]. It comes with the Windows 10 system. Everything seems to be working, but whenever I shut down the computer then close the lid, next time I lift the lid, the computer powers on automatically.

I have read that this is because the Windows 10 shut down option doesn’t actually shut the computer down, and I have tried the few suggestions I have seen for changing this.

1. I turned off “Fast Startup”

2. I disabled hibernation.

However, it is still happening! It is driving me crazy because I don’t want my computer to turn on just because I lift the lid. It is highly inconvenient.

I have been doing almost nothing but researching this problem ever since I got the laptop. It is driving me nuts. If anyone has an answer, please help!

Alice72, May 7, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 7, 2021
  4. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

How to get my laptop to wake from sleep upon lifting the lid?

How can I set my laptop to wake up from sleep when I lift the lid?

Skat0r vista, May 7, 2021
Thema:

lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

1. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so. - Similar Threads - lifting lid doesn't

2. After I close my laptop and pull the lid down, if I lift it immediately or whenever, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I close my laptop and pull the lid down, if I lift it immediately or whenever, it...: Hi so I recently bought a new laptop and I installed Windows 11 on my PC. And I have this problem I don't know how to solve, so when I turn off my laptop and pull the lid down, as soon as I lift it, it turns on automatically, without pressing the power button. It wouldn't be...
  3. After I close my laptop and pull the lid down, if I lift it immediately or whenever, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I close my laptop and pull the lid down, if I lift it immediately or whenever, it...: Hi so I recently bought a new laptop and I installed Windows 11 on my PC. And I have this problem I don't know how to solve, so when I turn off my laptop and pull the lid down, as soon as I lift it, it turns on automatically, without pressing the power button. It wouldn't be...
  4. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  5. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  6. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lid: My laptop turns off when I close the lid while connected to the external display even with my lid settings configured correctly.I set my laptop to do nothing when I close the lid and it's on battery and plugged in as well....
  8. GPO sttings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GPO sttings: My privacy options, dagnostics settings.... are blocked saying i need to contact my administation . I dont have the rights to access those settings . So I tried to edit the gpo and access the computer config but it wont work . Not with the Run not thru search either so how...
  9. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings: The other day, my work laptop insisted on installing some huge update. Now, DESPITE all of the Power Settings and What To Do When Lid Is Closed Settings clearly stating otherwise, my machine seemingly insists upon shutting down - rather than going to sleep - upon shutting the...
  10. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...