Windows 10: Light-based Li-Fi in our future?

Discus and support Light-based Li-Fi in our future? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just read a neat article at the Christian Science Monitor about the future use of light to transmit Wi-Fi signals for internet usage. This new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thepapa, Nov 25, 2015.

1. thepapa Win User

Light-based Li-Fi in our future?

I just read a neat article at the Christian Science Monitor about the future use of light to transmit Wi-Fi signals for internet usage. This new technology could very well be in our near future. It is reported that this new technology, called Li-Fi, is 100 times faster than the average Wi-Fi connections available now. I found this to be a very interesting article and thought I would share it with those who are interested.

MODS: If I posted this in the wrong area, please move accordingly.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Technology/...ter-than-Wi-Fi

:)

thepapa, Nov 25, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

How Long do I charge a new phone for?

Exactly.

Nockel-based batteries (NiCd or NiMH) used to require a long initial charge. Lithium-based batteries (Li-Po and Li-Ion) do not.

The attached PDF document explains this.

Battery Care Tips.pdf

grschinon, Nov 25, 2015
  3. fisi---01 Win User
    i need the help

i need the help for my nokia 6300 the screen light lies the on and the batery spent fast.the nokia is made by Hungary.

fisi---01, Nov 25, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

uh oh, i wouldnt go down to that road in commercial use. funny article tho

batlhilz, Nov 25, 2015
  5. Wullail Win User
    I was one of the lucky ones to actually TRY Li-Fi , I was really impressed with the speed and reliability.

Wullail, Nov 25, 2015
  6. thepapa Win User
    That would be neat to try new technology like that. I did wonder how reliable it would be as well. I'm not sure how practical or cost efficient it would be in a home though, considering having to install multiple smart LED's to achieve uniform coverage throughout the home. I believe a person would also be limited to what their ISP supplies to the home, which in my case is 50 Mbps. Maybe something to look forward to. I can see myself, being the cheapie that I am, setting up little mirrors all around the house to reflect the light / data transmission so I would only have to buy one unit...... *chuckle.

thepapa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Light-based Li-Fi in our future? - Similar Threads - Light based future

2. How do you disable the Wi-Fi light?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you disable the Wi-Fi light?: I bought a Refurb Education Edition Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 3rd Generation. It has a bright internet light on the back probably for teachers to know that kids are on the internet in class and I want to disable it because this laptop is now my main laptop. Can I disable it? I've...
  3. How do you disable the Wi-Fi light?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you disable the Wi-Fi light?: I bought a Refurb Education Edition Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 3rd Generation. It has a bright internet light on the back probably for teachers to know that kids are on the internet in class and I want to disable it because this laptop is now my main laptop. Can I disable it? I've...
  4. How do you disable the Wi-Fi light?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adaptive brightness NOT based on external lighting. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adaptive brightness NOT based on external lighting. Can anyone help?: I've searched the community and can't find the same issue I'm having. My screen dims just like adaptive brightness, but my adaptive setting is turned off, my light sensor and camera are covered. I noticed this is actually based on what my screen displays. Example: If I have...
  6. Are there any future plans to allow us to access our game files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any future plans to allow us to access our game files?: On the Microsoft Store/Xbox PC app you cannot access the files of the games you've installed easily, you have to go through a lot of trouble and even then the games might get corrupted according to one of the moderators on this forumAre there any plans in the future for that...
  7. Are there any future plans to allow us to access our game files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any future plans to allow us to access our game files?: On the Microsoft Store/Xbox PC app you cannot access the files of the games you've installed easily, you have to go through a lot of trouble and even then the games might get corrupted according to one of the moderators on this forumAre there any plans in the future for that...
  8. Jie Li BR17 Bluetooth Adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jie Li BR17 Bluetooth Adaptor: Using Win 10 on desktop i5-4690 have installed JieLi BR17 bluetooth adaptor. This is seen by Win10 as an Audio Device - bluetooth button does not appear. Driver updated, no change. My stereo gives a tone indicating paired but no connectivity. Help?...
  9. Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2: Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2 Friday’s release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14942 has provided us with our first real peek at new features and functionality coming in the next major release of this operating system. It’s due in Spring...
  10. What's the future of Microsoft's ARM-based tablets?

in Windows 10 News
    What's the future of Microsoft's ARM-based tablets?: A few years back, Microsoft took an ambitious step to build a version of Windows that would run on ARM-based processors. At the time, this was a huge move, as many expected this new operating system, called Windows RT, to challenge the standard that Intel and AMD were the...