Windows 10: light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome

Discus and support light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden today when typing in the url/search bar, as the wordauto fills i it is being highlighted in light blue. What is this about? It's a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Feb 27, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome

All of a sudden today when typing in the url/search bar, as the wordauto fills i it is being highlighted in light blue. What is this about? It's a very light blue, not the blue one gets when highlighting to copy and paste something

Is this a chrome problem or Windows 10. I have not touched any settings on my laptop. It wasn't doing it this morning but started this afternoon.

I went to CHrome support and they were useless as usual. None of the shoices in the boxes apply.

I am not going to set chrome to default if chrome is the probelm.

Can someone help me?

Thanks very much

Paula

:)

paulaE., Feb 27, 2020
  2. Hexenherz Win User

Is there a way to change the highlight color of the address bar? (Win10)

This is bugging me vastly... No matter what color I choose for my theme, the text in my address bar of browsers (all of them) and file explorer is highlighted in a weird teal color that does not match the theme.

Every other text, or icons if in explorer, are highlighted in a normal nice blue color.

I can't find a setting to adjust this, and it really bugs me to have this teal color that does not match the rest of the theme.

Hexenherz, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Firefox blue highlight color is sometimes darker. Why?

So I'm not sure if this is a Firefox bug/issue, or a Windows bug/issue, as I think Chrome does it too. On occasion when I start my computers (two of them), or do a reboot, the blue highlight color is sometimes darker. After a while it magically turns a lighter blue (as it did today (second screen clip)). The lighter blue is what I get 90% of the time especially if the computer has been always on for days. It's only a cold boot, or restart that I get the darker color. It never reverses (goes from light to dark). Does this happen to anyone else? I don't change themes, Windows colors, or extensions. It just seems random as sometimes a cold boot, or restart, it keeps the lighter blue.

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 27, 2020
  4. light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome

How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome

1. light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome - Similar Threads - light blue highlight

2. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  3. Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.

Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.: So I found an issue with the highlighting of the search bar or highlights icon on Windows. When I click out of the search bar or highlights, the highlighting gets stuck. I find this really, REALLY annoying for me. I try to hover over the highlighting that got stuck, it it was...
  4. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Highlights: Hello!I have faced a problem that I do not have a function to enable search highlights. I only have options "hidden", "show search icon" and "show search box". But at the same time, another account on the device has this function. I have already tried to change this in the...
  5. Search Bar Highlights

Search Bar Highlights: Hello!I have faced a problem that I do not have a function to enable search highlights. I only have options "hidden", "show search icon" and "show search box". But at the same time, another account on the device has this function. I have already tried to change this in the...
  6. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search bar highlights illustrator

Search bar highlights illustrator: Hi, does anyone know who makes the search bar highlight illustrations? I really like them and would like to see who the designer is! Or find them in a bigger size so I can see them better...
  8. Search bar highlights illustrator

Search bar highlights illustrator: Hi, does anyone know who makes the search bar highlight illustrations? I really like them and would like to see who the designer is! Or find them in a bigger size so I can see them better...
  9. Search bar highlights illustrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Highlighted Windows Search Bar

Highlighted Windows Search Bar: Sometimes my windows search bar will be partially highlighted. The only way I can get rid of it is by moving my mouse over it. Any solutions for this strange problem?...