Windows 10: Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar'

Discus and support Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar' in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SirGalahad92 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirGalahad92, May 21, 2023.

1. Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar'

/u/SirGalahad92, May 21, 2023

2. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

"Dark mode" refers to the Mail app's dark mode, common to Windows apps. Affects the color of the message list, menu bar, etc.

"Lights on" or "lights off" refers to the reading pane's background color, a feature recently added to Mail.

I'm asking if there's a way to set "lights on" to default, even if the Mail app is set to dark mode.

Ian Patterson, May 21, 2023
  3. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode has some issues in the latest feature update. The fixes that I know of (not sure if it would work for you)

Try Restarting the explorer process in Task manager

Re apply Dark mode after switching to light.

If that does not help I would suggest you to roll back to 1803.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 21, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar'

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar' ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar'

1. Light grey bottom ribbon still there in dark mode after unchecking 'show status bar' - Similar Threads - Light grey bottom

2. Grey bar at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Grey bar at the bottom of screen: Hi,I am noticing a grey bar, almost the size of task bar at the bottom of the screen. If the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen this grey area is masking it out, and hence not able to properly view the font on the taskbar.This grey area is present at bottom even...
  3. Grey bar at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey bar at the bottom of screen: Hi,I am noticing a grey bar, almost the size of task bar at the bottom of the screen. If the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen this grey area is masking it out, and hence not able to properly view the font on the taskbar.This grey area is present at bottom even...
  4. Light & Dark Modes

Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  5. Search Bar Problem/Changes from Dark Mode to Light mode after Upgrading to 21H1

in Cortana
    Search Bar Problem/Changes from Dark Mode to Light mode after Upgrading to 21H1: Since I upgraded to 21H1, my search box in the bottom left sometimes flickers and changes from dark mode to light mode. Ran the search troubleshooter-nothing found. Ran a file integrity check nothing found. How do I get this fixed it is annoying! Instead of the word search in...
  6. Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DemonNinja123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwz7n8/windows_is_in_light_mode_but_the_action_center_is/
  7. Light folders in dark mode

Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  8. Dark Theme still slightly grey?

Dark Theme still slightly grey?: Any one has any ideas on how I can apply a theme that has a black taskbar instead of the dark grey one that comes with Windows 10 dark theme? Sort of like the 'terminal' theme in gmail? Thanks! submitted by /u/mudrawker [link] [comments]...
  9. Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar is very light grey instead of the standard dark grey: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to fix a problem I was having (which didn't even fix the issue). I did this by downloading Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive and booted from that device. Everything reinstalled fine, but, in addition to the problem not being solved, the...
  10. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar: I don't know why but my Surface shows me that horizontal bar, can I "reset" Dark Mode? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/dark-mode-shows-white-horizontal-bar/238cab5e-adcc-4adf-8367-3a21a2897bfc