Windows 10: Light of mute button not working though functioning properly

Discus and support Light of mute button not working though functioning properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since yesterday, the light of the mute button isn't working though it is functioning properly. I checked all the related drivers and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArshitaBawa, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Light of mute button not working though functioning properly

Since yesterday, the light of the mute button isn't working though it is functioning properly. I checked all the related drivers and they are up-to-date. Pls help

:)

ArshitaBawa, Aug 8, 2021

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I have an HP ProBook 6440b with a Win 10 Pro os. My problem is the volume mute light (#5 in the service manual, page 2-6). The switch works o.k. and shows when the mute function is on or off on the desktop but the light stays orange (muted position) regardless of the function being on or off. I know that the blue color is there as I see it flicker so slightly during upbooting but I can´t find out how to have the blue color show when the speakers are not muted. The wireless button (#4; page 2-6) changes color and the function works properly when pushed (tried it as a function comparison test) so I think this may be a slight software glitch in the sound system code but how to find and fix is way beyond my knowledge and skills. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please do tell but baby steps please as my computer skills are truly limited (old dog, new trick syndrome rules here).

mrsnakeman, Aug 8, 2021
  3. H S V Win User
    MUTE BUTTON LIGTH IS NOT WORKING

starting the computer mute button led light is not functioning but the button is in operation

H S V, Aug 8, 2021
  4. oliverrat Win User

Light of mute button not working though functioning properly

F6 mute button light not working after latest Windows update

Hi, I have a HP laptop and the F6 mute button light is no longer working after the latest Windows 10 update. (its just the light, the mute function still works) Hp have no idea how to fix it. I have the latest audio driver. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

oliverrat, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Light of mute button not working though functioning properly

1. Light of mute button not working though functioning properly - Similar Threads - Light mute button

2. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine: So it has only been a couple of days since I noticed that my mute button light is permanently on with an orange colour, but the function of the button seems to be fine as it mutes and unmutes as it should. I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it....
  3. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine: So it has only been a couple of days since I noticed that my mute button light is permanently on with an orange colour, but the function of the button seems to be fine as it mutes and unmutes as it should. I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it....
  4. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  6. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  7. Light of mute button not turning on though functioning properly

Light of mute button not turning on though functioning properly: Suddenly, today the light of the mute button on my hp laptop stopped working though it is functioning properly. The caplock light is working just fine except this. I checked my drivers and they are up to date. Pls suggest some way to make it glow again....
  8. Laptop mute button light not turning on.

Laptop mute button light not turning on.: I have recently developed an issue with my laptop. Whenever I press the mute button f6 the audio is muted, but the little light next to it does not turn on. I have tried updating windows and reinstalling graphics, keyboard, and audio drivers. I have an HP Pavilion 15z Touch....
  9. Mute button is not lighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute button is not lighting: I am having a HP pc. I have updated it to the latest version. After that update, my mute button is working but the led is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-lighting/5e572a90-8a9d-4cd3-82a5-d114b587f63d
  10. mute button light

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mute button light: HI; with MS latest updates, about 2 days ago, my light for my mute button does not go on. It simply, 'went out'. Any idea how I get it back on. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mute-button-light/0226e152-45e2-404a-b986-480c49769418