Windows 10: lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path?

Discus and support lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello when i want to open adobe lightroom on my laptop i get the error message: Lightroom cannot be started because the path for temporary files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nobody875, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Nobody875 Win User

lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path?

hello

when i want to open adobe lightroom on my laptop i get the error message: Lightroom cannot be started because the path for temporary files

"C:\Users\ANOUSC~1\AppData\Tem... is invalid.

Lightroom requires a valid path for temporary files.

what can I do to restart lightroom?

PS. have an acer spin 3, with windows 10 on it

lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path? 0_big.png

:)

Nobody875, Aug 13, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    After update lightroom doesnt work

Hello Brian,

We would like to know more information about the issue. Did you install the latest updates last September 29? Did this resolve the issue on Lightroom?

If you have the latest Windows Updates installed on Windows 10, we suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom. Test if that can resolve the issue. If not, we recommend you to launch Lightroom and save logs for Application and System by following the
    steps below:

• Open Event Viewer log by pressing Windows key+R.
    • Type eventvwr.msc and then click Windows Logs.
    • Right click Application and select Open Saved Log.
    • Save it in OneDrive.
    • Right click System and select Open Saved Log.
    • Save it in OneDrive
    • Send us the information you collect on Event Viewer log.
    This will help us isolate your concern and provide you the next step on resolving the issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 13, 2020
  4. lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path?

Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options

Hello Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually, the location of temporary files are located in the user account folders and it will not be affected by any other programs.

Let’s go ahead and try a few steps to fix the issue.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Under browsing history uncheck the box Delete browsing history on exit.
    4. Now click on Delete.
    5. Under delete browsing history check the box
      Preserve Favorites website data.

6. Click on Cancel and click on
      Apply
      and OK.

Let us know the results on the temporary files path after making the changes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path?

1. lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path? - Similar Threads - lightroom shows temporary

2. Windows 11 File Explorer shows multiple file paths below the main file path when I click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer shows multiple file paths below the main file path when I click...: Hello everyone!Whenever I click back and forth between tabs in File Explorer, there will be an additional 4 to 10 file paths below the main file path see attached screenshot. The additional file paths will be there until I click in the original file path and sometimes click...
  3. "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files: Hello! Something wierd happened, so I already saved two ms paint files, saved them inside a new folder for safe keeping yada yada, but when i saved a new piece a third time, the folder disappeared along with the first and second ms paint files i created. It still existed when...
  4. "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files: Hello! Something wierd happened, so I already saved two ms paint files, saved them inside a new folder for safe keeping yada yada, but when i saved a new piece a third time, the folder disappeared along with the first and second ms paint files i created. It still existed when...
  5. Windows Defender Allow App With Temporary File Path

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Allow App With Temporary File Path: Greetings,We've got some software in the office that has a support feature which allows the end user to download a remote connection application for the third-party software company tech to assist. When you click on the "assist me" button in the application it takes you to a...
  6. invalid path error when using s-tools.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid path error when using s-tools.: I am trying to use s-tools using a bmp file. Whenever I drag it, it says 'C: users?? onedrive bmp contains an invalid path'. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-path-error-when-using-s-tools/3cbf709f-5de4-49c1-854b-46fc62bb6ff9
  7. Windows Invalid path error

Windows Invalid path error: Windows 10 Home 64 bit. When windows starts a small window opens with the message 'Invalid Path: D:\Top\' What's happening? Clicking OK closes the window but It appears the next time windows opens. My 'C' drive is partitioned so I do have a 'D' drive. Thanks in advance....
  8. File opening problem. Showing " Invalid value for registry "

File opening problem. Showing " Invalid value for registry ": When I am trying to open a pictures/photos from my laptop, I can't open it. Because it's showing a message box. It's show two lines. Upper line is file location which file I want to open & lower line is a message . The message is " Invalid value for registry" . What can I do...
  9. Fix Unsupported video type or invalid file path error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unsupported video type or invalid file path error: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some servers don’t have an associated MIME type to support MP4 files. As such, they fail to play MP4 files. To correct this, you’ll need to configure the MP4 MIME type in IIS. This tutorial walks you through the process [...] This post Fix Unsupported video...
  10. Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options

Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options: Hi All Sometimes the path disappears, then to get it back as default, either have to do a temp directory on my second drive, then run app trouble shooter or edit registry to get it back as default. Would this have anything to do with uninstalling Avast 1 time from...