Windows 10: Lights on when PC is turned off

Discus and support Lights on when PC is turned off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by littlebee, Nov 18, 2017.

1. littlebee Win User

Lights on when PC is turned off

Hi,

I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard....

So I tried plugging them into the top front of the pc and the color lights don't come on.

Does this mean there's a problem with my motherboard?.

thanks.

:)

littlebee, Nov 18, 2017

2. 6300 flashing blue lights when turned off!

I've had a problem recently, I turn my phone off, and the blue lights flash quickly, and the phone is discharged by morning. I'm currently having to leave it on all the time and charge it.

I've removed battery and sim and re-sat them.

Any ideas?

When I do turn it on again, it seems to freeze on the black screen saver for a while too.

What error message are these flashes indicating?

Thanks in advance...

soozy---01, Nov 18, 2017
  3. mccbleue Win User
    6300 flashing blue lights when turned off!

The notification lights are a red-herring, they normally flash when the phone is switched on/off.

If your battery is not lasting, then you need to check that the battery itself is OK, and if so check this advice on maximising battery life:

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Maximize-battery-performance/td-p/431669

mccbleue, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Lights on when PC is turned off

What is the make of your Keyboard and Mouse?

Josey Wales, Nov 18, 2017
  5. No, My RGB Keyboard and Mouse go off the system.

6. littlebee Win User
    G105 Logitech Keyboard
    Logitech G5012 Mouse

littlebee, Nov 18, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    It's normal behavior for the motherboards and BIOS/UEFI firmware that support it. Just because your computer does not do it does not mean that no computer should do it. Most newer computers keep power going to the USB ports to support waking and even powering on the computer from connected USB devices.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  8. Lights on when PC is turned off

Did you install the software for those? And It is NOT normal.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  10. Since the OP has no specs filled out are you a mind reader? How do you know what MOBO he has?

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    I will ask you the same question. My answer that it is normal is just as likely to be correct as your answer that it is not.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  12. So you are saying that the lights on The KB should stay on when the power is turned off. So where does this power come from?

Does your KB look like the one in the image with all the keys lit up?

Lights on when PC is turned off [​IMG]

13. Lights on when PC is turned off

If you have not installed the Software please do so, and you lights will go off.

14. NavyLCDR New Member
    The power comes from the USB port. The fact is that it is a software, BIOS, or UEFI setting that controls it... Not something that is abnormal.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  15. Edwin New Member
    Check in Device Manager whether the PC shuts the Hub off or not.

Lights on when PC is turned off [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 18, 2017
Thema:

Lights on when PC is turned off

1. Lights on when PC is turned off - Similar Threads - Lights turned off

2. Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting: Recently my Windows 11 installed some updates i got a new functionality called "Dynamic Lighting". The RGB of my keyboard, the G915 TKL, it's being controlled by that functionality and the GHUB says i need to turn off the Dynamic Lighting to be able to control the RGB with...
  3. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  4. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  5. Night Light Settings Crashes When Turn Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light Settings Crashes When Turn Off: Night light is on but doesn't actually show that it's on. Whenever I go into the settings to manually turn it off even though it's not on it crashes the whole setting. I really want to use night light again because when at night time the blue light from my screen annoys my...
  6. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  9. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...
  10. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.: hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything...