Windows 10: Lights on when PC is turned off

Discus and support Lights on when PC is turned off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking at this another way, would there not be a illumination timeout setting on the keyboard itself, I have no experience with wired illuminated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by littlebee, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Lights on when PC is turned off

It could be, I use Corsair and they use all generic MS Drivers , CUE is only used for the RGB stuff. There may be a setting somewhere on The KB. No worries Alpha *Smile

Josey Wales, Nov 19, 2017
  2. CountMike New Member

It wouldn't matter if USB port was powering off.

CountMike, Nov 19, 2017
  3. I don't have a backlight keyboard, so all I ever saw was a glow on my trackball and the numlock or capslock LED if I had pressed one of those before powering off.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Lights on when PC is turned off

Agreed apart from the faffing around opening the case and finding the jumper, (if it's present), and being able to reach it without removing the motherboard *Wink *Tongue but it would explain how it suddenly happened

Barman58, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Yes but the OP states that this happened just a few days ago. Maybe if he removes the keyboard and Mouse and puts in generic ones, and removes any Logitech software and then re install the LGT it may work properly.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I suspect that a key sequence was accidentally pressed or a software setting was accidentally changed (possibly by an update coming in via Windows Update) that causes the backlighting to remain on when the computer enters the S5 power state (soft power off).

NavyLCDR, Nov 19, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Logitech options,( the replacement for their older SetPoint software) was updated last week, so that could be a possibility

Barman58, Nov 19, 2017
  8. Lights on when PC is turned off

That may be it or he can use some WD-40 on it...just kidding.*Thumbs

9. Barman58 Win User
    Why not use Duct Tape - it would not matter if you could not see the keys *Tongue

Barman58, Nov 19, 2017
  10. To tell you the truth, I am getting tired of RGB keyboards and mice. I just got a Corsair K65 that is mechanical but no RGB. It has Red keys, my other one had Brown. Red is supposed to be quieter but with an aluminum frame , I cannot tell the difference. Duct tape it is.*Smile

11. Archie123 Win User
    It's normal depending on the motherboard if the of is powered down ( and I mean fully powered down not in sleep mode)) but still plugged in and switched on the motherboard will still supply power for low power LEDs but it depends on the device firmware also . My pg279q monitor and razer deathadder mouse stay illuminated. My keyboard does not. My mobile even has a usb socket that can charge a phone when my pc is off .

Archie123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lights on when PC is turned off

1. Lights on when PC is turned off - Similar Threads - Lights turned off

2. Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting: Recently my Windows 11 installed some updates i got a new functionality called "Dynamic Lighting". The RGB of my keyboard, the G915 TKL, it's being controlled by that functionality and the GHUB says i need to turn off the Dynamic Lighting to be able to control the RGB with...
  3. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  4. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  5. Night Light Settings Crashes When Turn Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light Settings Crashes When Turn Off: Night light is on but doesn't actually show that it's on. Whenever I go into the settings to manually turn it off even though it's not on it crashes the whole setting. I really want to use night light again because when at night time the blue light from my screen annoys my...
  6. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  9. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...
  10. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.: hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything...