Windows 10: Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

Discus and support Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I turned my computer off and my lights were still on for many hours after disconnecting the power source. (power strip) After turning everything back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TytyBoi, Dec 14, 2018.

1. TytyBoi Win User

Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

I turned my computer off and my lights were still on for many hours after disconnecting the power source. (power strip)

After turning everything back on, my monitor kept saying "no signal" and going into sleep mode.

Is there any way to fix this? What's wrong with my computer?

:)

TytyBoi, Dec 14, 2018
  2. heimdal Win User

Sleep instead of Shutdown

I have a desktop computer running Windows 10. It has been working with no problems.

Recently it stopped shutting down. When shutdown is selected, it appears to shutdown, the monitor reports the video signal is lost and the lights go off on the PC.

However it you touch the keyboard it start back up again and goes straight into the desktop.

I have checked the configuration and the sleep is disabled and the power button appears to be configured correctly.

It doesn't appear to relate to any processing still running.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

heimdal, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

I have the same problem.

6700K I7 with GTX1080, which has 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports.

• Oculus Rift on HDMI port
    • 2 ASUS 28" Monitors runing at 3840x2160 (4k), True Display Port
    • Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor/Tablet with Display Port to HDMI adapter
    • All Monitors are extended.
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 5 minutes
    Problem/What happens:

When screen turns off, the 2 ASUS 4k monitor(s) and Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor turn off together. While the ASUS Monitors continue to stay off, the Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor/Tablet turns back on with a lighted Black screen but no Image.

Before 1709, all 3 monitors turned off, no problems. Now just the 4k Monitors turn off and the Drawing Monitor turns off then back on and stays on but with a lighted black screen.

Thank you

Metal2Mesh, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

1. Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on - Similar Threads - Lights still shutdown

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System restarts after monitors go to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restarts after monitors go to sleep: Hi there.I have recently been having issues with my system restarting on its own. Usually it is when I am not at the computer. Also sometimes when I go to resume operation and the monitors have turned off they don't come back on and I have to restart computer for it to get...
  6. System restarts after monitors go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts after monitors go to sleep: Hi there.I have recently been having issues with my system restarting on its own. Usually it is when I am not at the computer. Also sometimes when I go to resume operation and the monitors have turned off they don't come back on and I have to restart computer for it to get...
  7. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  8. Monitors go to sleep automatically and don't turn back on

Monitors go to sleep automatically and don't turn back on: So I've been having this issue where my monitors would just go into sleep mode after a random amount of time even if I have been using my pc and they just don't turn back on, the audio still works , i can still control my computer, but the screens are black and the LED keeps...
  9. Monitor not turning on after sleep

Monitor not turning on after sleep: Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do? Thanks, Luc...
  10. PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.: Hello, I've know about the sleep thing for a while now. No matter what I do, if I press sleep, it'll kick back on, for any given reason. Don't know why, or how to stop it. Just recently however within the past few days, when I press shutdown, the PC immediately- and I mean...