Windows 10: LightScribe Drive - Driver

Discus and support LightScribe Drive - Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new computer initially it had Windows 8.1 now it's Windows 10. It's an HP Envy Phoenix 810qe. I still have some parts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arily, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Arily Win User

LightScribe Drive - Driver

Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer initially it had Windows 8.1 now it's Windows 10. It's an HP Envy Phoenix 810qe. I still have some parts however from my old desktop computer which was an HP Pavilion m9200t, Windows 7 (upgraded from Vista). One of the parts I kept was: 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW 12xRAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA. I'm needing to purchase a new SATA Cable for it but before I do I want to make sure I can get a working driver for it for Windows 10.

It says on the back: Designed by Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Model: TS-H653N/HPBH

I just mainly need a driver and to know if it's going to work with my computer and Windows 10.

:)

Arily, Aug 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Driver for Optical Drive with Lightscribe

I am looking for a specific Windows 10 driver (not the common cd-rom driver) for a TSSTCorp_CDDVDW_SH_S223L optical drive. It is also sometimes listed as a Samsung drive. It is a dual-layer capable DVD drive with Lightscribe. For some reason, the standard
    cd-rom driver replaced the specific driver and I lost the dual-layer and Lightscribe capability. I know it is an older drive, but it works perfectly and just needs a driver for Win10.

I also would like a Win10 driver for my Sony BDU-X10S Blu-Ray reader.

IrishFlyer, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Lightscribe & dvd drives

I have two dvd/cd's installed in my pc. for years i have used lightscribe with no problem, but today it does not find the writers, it shows

- <No LightScribe Drives Found> -- I unplugged and reconnected both drives, update the drivers, but still it does not finds them.

Never before i had trouble with lightscribe.

Thank you for your help

Pedro

PedroRamirez_962, Aug 12, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

It should work without installing any driver. I am using an old DVD drive from my old HP machine.

LightScribe Drive - Driver [​IMG]

badrobot, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Arily Win User
    Ok thank you! Is there any free LightScribe software out there though? That's why I thought I might need a driver because it's not just a regular DVD drive it's a LightScribe drive.

Arily, Aug 12, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    But how often do you use the lightscribe feature? I've actually never used mine. You have to get a lightscribe compatible DVD. I just use a Sharpie to write the label. *Smile

badrobot, Aug 12, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    You won't need any special drivers.

As for software, here's a couple of suggestions:

Lightscribe DVD Burner Windows 10 SOLVED - Microsoft Community

You could also try the Lightscribe software for the old machine:

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Are you using Lightscribe? I have a drive or two that support it, but I've never got in the habit.

bobkn, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Arily Win User

I have special discs and use it when I can because I make picture discs and home videos of my kids at Christmas to send to my relatives.

Arily, Aug 12, 2015
  9. Arily Win User
    Arily, Aug 12, 2015
  10. I know this is an old thread, but I'm able to confirm that LightScribe System Software 1.18.27.10 works perfectly fine in Windows 10.

DeaconFrost, Nov 24, 2015
  11. kensiko Win User
    Hey I just went through this.
    sd
    This is the solution I've found. I have not tested to burn a label yet but I suppose it works.

kensiko, Dec 24, 2015
  12. You don't need to go through all those steps. Once you have the System Software installed, you can use any program, such as CDBurnerXP to create the labels.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. LightScribe Drive - Driver - Similar Threads - LightScribe Drive Driver

2. Hard drive driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive driver deleted: I installed some new drivers in my Windows 7. After restart ,It showed a boot device not found.I tried doing a clean installation of windows but It showed no hard drive is found . Most probably somehow hard drive driver was deleted ....
  3. need a driver for dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need a driver for dvd drive: need a driver for my dvd drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-driver-for-dvd-drive/acc4573d-765a-44f0-878a-be7ca2c629a4
  4. External Hard drive drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard drive drivers: Since the windows 10 update my external hard drive no longer works...it says I need the driver...how do I get a driver for it so I can see my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-drivers/1936ebce-1725-4ab5-b9a0-d1af860aa8b0
  5. Driver for Iomega portable drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver for Iomega portable drive: With a Windows 10 update I'm no longer able to access my Iomega Portable backup. It won't boot up. Can you tell me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-iomega-portable-drive/ac705db4-1c87-4aa1-ba0b-3514cf1425aa
  6. New drive drivers

New drive drivers: I installed DVDRW drive in hp probook that didn't have one a refurbished laptop. So there was no DVD rw drive on or listed on the laptop in any part of the system. At HP Support scanned for drivers showed I need DVD CD driver download charge is 9.95. Should I download the...
  7. LightScribe with Windows 10 home & Pro [SOLVED] in 2018

LightScribe with Windows 10 home & Pro [SOLVED] in 2018: I FIXED LIGHTSCRIBE! ---- So I have been searching for this LightScribe information for a while, I scoured the web only to end up frustrated. Finding the correct drivers, that don't exist. No one has them for Windows 10, You are always met with an error that reads "The...
  8. Lightscribe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lightscribe on Windows 10: Hello, Does anyone know any free Lightscribe programs that works on windows 10? If so, Please provide a download link! Thanks! 17162
  9. Lightscribe Drive won't write labels

Lightscribe Drive won't write labels: Just in case y'all were bored, here's an oldie but a (maybe) goodie........... Normal PC that was running win 7 Pro. Had an HP 1260 Lightscribe drive. Burned CDs, DVDs AND Lightscribe labels... Worked perfectly. Worked for years. I know how to use it. Upgraded from Win...
  10. Drivers for disk drives

Drivers for disk drives: My PC disk drives are currently using the drivers that came with Win10. I'm trying to find better drivers if they exist. I'm experiencing some minor performance problems. I have a Samsung 840 Pro and a Western Digital WD1002faex-00z3a0. I can find no drivers for the...