Windows 10: Limit Chrome Cache Size?

Discus and support Limit Chrome Cache Size? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Chrome has started using 1.3GB for cache. Is there away of limiting the cache size used? 173286 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Steve C Win User

Limit Chrome Cache Size?

Chrome has started using 1.3GB for cache. Is there away of limiting the cache size used?

:)

Steve C, Jan 30, 2021
  2. john3650 Win User

Chrome Cache

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the cache size of chrome with W10?

Thank You

john3650, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Limit Chrome Cache Size?

Edge slows as cache fills

Hello Garrie,

One of the possible reasons why your cache folder fills quickly is that the storage limit of your cache folder is only limited to a certain folder size. Having said that, you can try adjusting the size limit of this folder by performing the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the search bar.
    • On the General tab, look for Browsing history.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Look for the Disk space to increase the file size. (Check the image below)

Limit Chrome Cache Size? da27319f-a115-429c-b7c9-22a2644ca411.png

5. Click OK, then Apply.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Limit Chrome Cache Size?

1. Limit Chrome Cache Size? - Similar Threads - Limit Chrome Cache

2. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen some articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is...
  3. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen some articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is...
  4. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is 349MBI'm wondering is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size nor number of files being cached.And if it doesn't, I'm wondering how to make thumbs.db exceed the limitation....
  5. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is 349MBI'm wondering is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size nor number of files being cached.And if it doesn't, I'm wondering how to make thumbs.db exceed the limitation....
  6. Chrome Code Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome Code Cache: Can I delete chrome code cache files? Its so many of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-code-cache/002a6ee0-a334-4867-840c-ee4135acc3ed
  7. Chrome Code Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Code Cache: Can I delete chrome code cache files? Its so many of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-code-cache/002a6ee0-a334-4867-840c-ee4135acc3ed
  8. Chrome Code Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Limit Memory Allocated to Cached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limit Memory Allocated to Cached: My Windows OS and all hardware work great with 1.3GB of cached memory, but over time Windows will ask for more, without any good purpose. I don't want to allow Windows to use more than it needs, I need the other memory for other applications, and if Windows Caches memory its...
  10. Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Cache: Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the cache size of chrome with W10? Thank You 28809