Windows 10: Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers

Discus and support Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way I can limit the maximum volume on an external speaker. My dad likes turning the music super loud and I'm trying to figure out if I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Invisible_CupCake, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers

Is there any way I can limit the maximum volume on an external speaker. My dad likes turning the music super loud and I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow limit the maximum volume without him being able to turn it back up easily. A simple solution would be use headphones but he doesn't want to.

submitted by /u/Invisible_CupCake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Invisible_CupCake, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Tony Meo Win User

Bluetooth volume drops when connected to external speakers

Have updated my Lumia 930 to Windows 10 and now when I connect to external speakers via Bluetooth after a couple of minutes the volume drops to 13 and no sound comes out of the speakers. I have to increase the volume back to 30 then start the music app
    (in this instance Spotify). Was working fine before update. Any suggestions?

Tony Meo, Apr 3, 2020
  3. ikajaste Win User
    Increasing headphone volume over maximum

Hi!

First of all, everything is "normal" with my phone volume output, as in it's not broken. When listening to music I get a good sound volume output wether using headphones or not. There's enough volume output to even listen to most podcast episodes in heavy
    traffic.

However, there are many podcast episodes that have recorded sound levels so low, that even with volume on maximum I can't hear a thing when using headphones if there's any background noise in my environment! And I'm talking about normal city background,
    not heavy traffic, construction, airplane takeoff or anything like that.

Some have suggested that the podcasters sould just normalize their audio volume - but really, that's a really strange way of looking at the problem. What I have is a digital phone that processes digital audio redordings - it should be a really easy task
    to adjust the volume level that's going to the output, even over the "maximum" volume. It's clear that the phone
    can output enough volume to the speakers even for heavy traffic conditions, so it's not a hardware limitation. Of course, some clipping might occur if the recording is normalized - but I couldn't care less! If the original recording has low volume,
    using some sort of preamp over "maximum" would not even reach clipping levels.

So: Does anyone know if there is a way to digitally amp up the volume over maximum, to compensate low sound levels on the audio file?

(I have a Nokia 6220 classic, but I presume this topic would apply to other S60 phones as well.)

ikajaste, Apr 3, 2020
  4. hilmi324 Win User

Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers

Bluetooth Speaker Volume cranked to maximum when volume below 30

After updating windows to 1803, I'm having a trouble with my bluetooth speaker, whenever I turn down the volume below 30%, the sound cranked to maximum and no volume difference between 30% to 0%. Windows troubleshooter didn't help and no driver update
    on Windows Update. Any help?

hilmi324, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers

1. Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers - Similar Threads - Limit Maximum Volume

2. Windows 10 Disable maximum path limitation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Disable maximum path limitation: I wanted to disable the path limitation because I need it for my projects for a better organization, but it doesn't seem to work. I tried to disable it from Registry and from Group Policy by setting LongPathsEnabled to 1, and by enabling "Enable Win32 longs paths", but even...
  3. Very low volume and no volume after using external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very low volume and no volume after using external speaker: I am having intermittent issues with my laptop - ever since I purchased it - an envy 13-ba0010na. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-low-volume-and-no-volume-after-using-external/a406e44f-19a6-4c27-b54a-aaa785bcd8f2
  4. Unable to change the volume of external USB speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change the volume of external USB speaker: I recently bought this speaker https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundbar-Wireless-Computer-Speaker-Smartphone/dp/B07SFSSNK2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=soundbar+Y7&qid=1614811818&sr=8-1 I can't change the volume of the speaker using the windows 10 volume slider. The slider works...
  5. Speaker Volume

Speaker Volume: Why can't I adjust my computer's sound volume from the speaker icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-volume/ffd7a653-be93-4c2f-a7b0-83e2f3417e4c
  6. speaker volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker volume: After a Windows 10 update on 8/24/20, the volume control no longer works. Sound is stuck at 38%. The volume bar no longer appears when I click on the speaker icon. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Volume Limiter for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Limiter for Windows?: Hi Reddit! I hope this is the right place to ask such a question (I've never really used Reddit before), but I am looking for a volume limiter type application for Windows 10. By that, I mean either a windows setting or program I can download (Or extension for the new Edge)...
  8. Speaker Volume

Speaker Volume: I have a xidu 2 in 1 computer not perfect but a lot for the price . The sound coming out of the speakers is not loud enough to carry on a conversation on Zoom and the microphone is so soft others can hardly hear me. I have searched just about everywhere online and in my...
  9. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited: Windows 10 Pro 1803. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited, although the "High performance" power plan is included and there are no limits. Sometimes when I change power plan and reboot PC, the limiter is remove, but not for long time.[ATTACH]...
  10. Changing process priority or limiting maximum CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing process priority or limiting maximum CPU: Is there any way to change task priority in W10, as it was in previous versions (Task Manager|Set Priority)? Dropbox likes to spend the first 10 minutes after waking up my computer taking 60-90% of processor cycles, and I've also noticed other processes which seem to pop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluetooth limiting normalizing windows audio volume