Windows 10: Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System

Discus and support Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a two-monitor system. The monitors are setup such that the primary monitor is on the right. I rarely use the secondary monitor, so it is off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by compupix, Dec 4, 2020.

1. compupix Win User

Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System

I have a two-monitor system. The monitors are setup such that the primary monitor is on the right.
    I rarely use the secondary monitor, so it is off most of the time. When the left (secondary) monitor is off, Windows lets the mouse fly off the screen (to the right.)
    I would like to limit the mouse to the primary screen as the default.
    I would like to on occasion, allow the mouse to move to freely between screens. If this could be done automatically, by detecting if the monitor were on, that would be great. Otherwise, I could activate a secondary configuration to allow normal use of the mouse between screens.
    I dont have any special video card driver to allow creating a secondary configuration.
    I tried Settings > Display, but there is no way to save a secondary configuration. Lining up the monitors on a diagonal might work. But I like to spread out between monitors when both are on. And a diagonal setup would be weird.
    Thanks!

:)

compupix, Dec 4, 2020

2. System do not wake up by mouse movements

Window-10 1903

Under power options my settings are

Screen:

When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes.

Sleep:

when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes.

The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ????

Device manager:

Under mouse and Key board > power management - Allow this device to wake up the computer is ticked.

Still PC do not wake up.

When I switch off the monitor and then switch it back to the on status, the mouse movements do work to wake up the PC.

This is an assembled PC, not branded

please advise.

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Dec 4, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the mouse without any issues?
    3. Does the issue with the mouse occur when it is used on a different system?

I would suggest you to update the driver for your mouse under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You can follow the steps in this article on ‘Update
    drivers in Windows 10
    ’ and uninstall the mouse driver.

Please visit this link to download and install the driver for your ‘Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse’.
    Kindly restart the system and check if this worked out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Limit Mouse Movement in Two Monitor System - Similar Threads - Limit Mouse Movement

2. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  3. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  4. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse movement causes system crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement causes system crash: - When in safe mode, mouse + keyboard functionality works perfectly but when out of safe mode, the system is stuck in reboot mode with the slightest movement of the mouse. - Also when I'm not in the safe mood I am able to use the keyboard for long periods of time with no...
  6. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  7. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  8. System do not wake up by mouse movements

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System do not wake up by mouse movements: Window-10 1903 Under power options my settings are Screen When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes. Sleep when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes. The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ???? device manager: Under...
  9. Mouse movement between monitors

Mouse movement between monitors: I had two monitors and recently upgraded one of them to a 32" one. Before the change my mouse moved left to get to the left monitor and right to go back to the right one, no problem. All I did was turn off the computer, unplug the VGA cable for the old one and plug in the new...
  10. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....