Windows 10: Limit RDP users

Discus and support Limit RDP users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers, each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP, but now i want to limit the accses to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by darky88, May 3, 2016.

1. darky88 Win User

Limit RDP users

Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers,
    each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP,
    but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer,
    can i do it?

:)

darky88, May 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

There is nothing to download. Just got a Surface Pro 3 with W10 Pro. It comes with RDP Server and RDP Client (user's question was unclear as to whether "they were looking for RDP Server or Client" . Why do you need to download an app from the app store?
    Windows has always come with RDP Client. Depending on the version, it comes with RDP Server as well.

Garry G. Green (The Real One), May 3, 2016
  3. user_zero Win User
    Windows 10 RDP Performance

I think i figured it out... since the wonderful new version of RDP doesn't allow you to reduce color depth on the connection, i had to limit the max color depth on the "server"...

This article applies to Server2k8, but it worked on my Win7 desktop - with the color depth for RDP limited to 16bits on my desktop, the connection much more usable.

Configure Maximum Color Depth for a Remote Session

user_zero, May 3, 2016
Thema:

Limit RDP users

1. Limit RDP users - Similar Threads - Limit RDP users

2. The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP: I set this parameter https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/remote/frame-rate-limited-to-30-fps, rebooted the computer, but the limit was not removed from 30 fps, it seems to me something went wrong with the update...
  3. The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP: I set this parameter https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/remote/frame-rate-limited-to-30-fps, rebooted the computer, but the limit was not removed from 30 fps, it seems to me something went wrong with the update...
  4. Connecting to rdp - domain user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to rdp - domain user: I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain...
  5. Guest user / another user with limited access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest user / another user with limited access: Hello, I want to create an secondary user on my computer with limited access. I manage to create a secondary user without an Microsoft Account. Just with username and password. My problem is that this other user have access to the D-disk where i have all my personal files....
  6. Limited bandwidth for PC user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited bandwidth for PC user: I have home PC with Win10 with admin account and user accounts on the PC. A few days ago I have discovered that while admin has still full speed bandwidth Internet connection, PC user has very limited bandwidth. We have 10 Mbps Internet connection available for Admin, but...
  7. Limit users to their home folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  8. rdp limit

rdp limit: i rdp to server 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. is the rdp max can rdp to 9 server at same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rdp-limit/7c7e8741-9a1f-4e37-9f82-b297b79a3f33
  9. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Limiting applications that are on user accounts: I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked...
  10. Limited connected users

Limited connected users: Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network? Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10?? 40644