Windows 10: Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1

Discus and support Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I want to ask how can I limit the amount of logged users on a domain-joined PC to 1. To be more specific, the PCs are locking after a certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VladimirFeredzhanov, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1

Hello,
    I want to ask how can I limit the amount of logged users on a domain-joined PC to 1. To be more specific, the PCs are locking after a certain time, but happens, that other user logs at it and then some of the programs aren't working, due to the first user still being logged. On top of that, most of the time, that user won't log again for the rest of the day. From what I understand, the "Hide entry point for Fast User Switching" policy only hides the option, however, with the PC already being locked, and the fact that we're using fingerprint readers to log in it won't stop a 2nd user from logging in on top of the first one. What I need is when a different user logs to de-log the other logged user automatically. Thanks in advance.

:)

VladimirFeredzhanov, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1

Account device limit reached

Log into OneDrive and check the list of PC's you have installed W10 on since becoming an insider, then just delete a few, (or all)

Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1 [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1

1. Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1 - Similar Threads - Limit amount logged

2. Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  3. How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?: I've looked it up, and all I can find is either make a family group or something it's just me. or use a command to limit it to a specific time of day. I dont want to limit it to a specific time of day, and I cant make a family thing since its just me trying to self-regulate....
  4. How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?: I've looked it up, and all I can find is either make a family group or something it's just me. or use a command to limit it to a specific time of day. I dont want to limit it to a specific time of day, and I cant make a family thing since its just me trying to self-regulate....
  5. How do I limit screen time to a specific amount?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Account purchases limit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account purchases limit: When I trying to buy something in Microsoft Store I have an Error :"Your account has reached its purchase limit." It is a new account and I have never bought something on it. Also, my bank card limit is higher than price of product i want to buy.How can I solve this problem?...
  7. Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?: For example capping chrome to 25% ram usage and 10% CPU usage? Would be great if possible submitted by /u/pooperT100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbxxqu/is_it_possible_to_limit_an_application_to_a/
  8. 1 account can’t log in, others are missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1 account can’t log in, others are missing.: [IMG][IMG]Ok so this is a follow up of this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-account-unable-to-sign-in-and-older-one/300008d9-60b3-4de2-9b83-0551401f433c I’ve ended up having to make another admin account from cmd, it turns out that any...
  9. Is there a limit for amount of devices that could be activatied using the same Windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a limit for amount of devices that could be activatied using the same Windows...: I bought a Windows digital license at Microsoft Store about a year ago. Now having problem activating my brand new desktop PC today. I got 2 desktop and a laptop and a tablet activated before. Is there a limit for amount of activations that causes this?...
  10. Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?: Hi, Is there anyway to limit the amount of Virtual Desktops allowed in Windows 10 so far? I know that in Ubuntu which has had the Virtual Desktops feature enabled in it's OS for a very long time allows you to do so, mostly for lower end PC's which opening more Virtual...