Windows 10: Limit the # of open folders?

Discus and support Limit the # of open folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know a way (probably a registry hack) to limit the # of open folders in Windows (navigator)? Kevin 135080 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kkorotev, Jun 19, 2019.

1. kkorotev Win User

Limit the # of open folders?

Does anyone know a way (probably a registry hack) to limit the # of open folders in Windows (navigator)?
    Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 19, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Limit the # of open folders? - Similar Threads - Limit open folders

2. How to limit a folder's access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit a folder's access?: Using icacls i want to make a folderD:\AS not be able to access anything outside it like if i have cmd open on the path of the folder i cant cd out of it or i cant list dir of d or i cant make a file outside it or a script cant do anything thats outside it...
  3. How to limit a folder's access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to limit a folder's access?: Using icacls i want to make a folderD:\AS not be able to access anything outside it like if i have cmd open on the path of the folder i cant cd out of it or i cant list dir of d or i cant make a file outside it or a script cant do anything thats outside it...
  4. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?

Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?: I can't add more. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited? It cannot exceed 50. I'd like to add more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-number-of-folder-favorites-in-windows/eb71470f-df14-43d4-9286-eb75ab7993e9
  5. Mail app folders limit or memory limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app folders limit or memory limit: Hi, I have currently a major issue with syncing my main Gmail account in the Mail app. I have two other Gmail accounts set in my Mail app and they work perfectly fine. I think there might be an issue with the size of my main Gmail account that causes the issues. I have lots...
  6. Mail app folders limit or memory limit

Mail app folders limit or memory limit: Hi, I have currently a major issue with syncing my main Gmail account in the Mail app. I have two other Gmail accounts set in my Mail app and they work perfectly fine. I think there might be an issue with the size of my main Gmail account that causes the issues. I have lots...
  7. Folder opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder opening: how do set one click option in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-opening/bb961194-ae42-4f54-b378-79ac0a6da8fa
  8. How to limit library to folder I specify?

in Cortana
    How to limit library to folder I specify?: This is about Libraries in Win 10 but that's not an option, so I clicked "search." I have a "Shared Music" folder in the Public Share of a NAS. Other folders also contain audio files as mp3 or wav etc. Win10 Library specifies only "Shared Music" but it finds and includes...
  9. Limit users to their home folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  10. Limit to # of folders in MS Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Limit to # of folders in MS Outlook?: I have a large folder list but it seems as I add more folders they seem to disappear after I close Outlook in Office 365. Anyone ever had this problem? I can recreate the folder and a second later everything that was in the original folder appears. But once I close down the...