Windows 10: Limit users to their home folder

Discus and support Limit users to their home folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imtech, Dec 7, 2018.

1. imtech Win User

Limit users to their home folder

Hello,
    I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro.
    I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on).
    I checked with Group Policy Editor but I haven't found any suitable option.
    There's a way to achieve this modifing the registry?

:)

imtech, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Limit users to their home folder - Similar Threads - Limit users home

2. Mail app folders limit or memory limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app folders limit or memory limit: Hi, I have currently a major issue with syncing my main Gmail account in the Mail app. I have two other Gmail accounts set in my Mail app and they work perfectly fine. I think there might be an issue with the size of my main Gmail account that causes the issues. I have lots...
  3. Mail app folders limit or memory limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app folders limit or memory limit: Hi, I have currently a major issue with syncing my main Gmail account in the Mail app. I have two other Gmail accounts set in my Mail app and they work perfectly fine. I think there might be an issue with the size of my main Gmail account that causes the issues. I have lots...
  4. enable home folder for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable home folder for all users: How to select "enable home folder for all users"in windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-home-folder-for-all-users/d4ba8795-4489-4c87-9304-75a87001a1e4
  5. Windows 10 Home user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home user folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home and logged in with my windows live account, my name is Davide Sestili while the name of the user folder is "david" not "Davide Sestili", is it a joke of microsoft?...
  6. Limit the # of open folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Limit the # of open folders?: Does anyone know a way (probably a registry hack) to limit the # of open folders in Windows (navigator)? Kevin 135080
  7. Windows 10: Limit user access to his/her User folder only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: Limit user access to his/her User folder only: Hi We have new computer with Windows 10 Pro in our office. The computer has only C drive, the recovery partition is hidden as default. As an Administrator, I have to setup the policy that fulfil below requirements: 1. Normal user (non-admin) only has the right to access...
  8. Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limit Local User Access (10 Home): How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343
  9. Limit RDP users

Limit RDP users: Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers, each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP, but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer, can i do it? 49159
  10. Limited connected users

Limited connected users: Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network? Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10?? 40644