Windows 10: Limit users to their home folder

Discus and support Limit users to their home folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imtech, Dec 7, 2018.

1. imtech Win User

Limit users to their home folder

Hello,
    I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro.
    I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on).
    I checked with Group Policy Editor but I haven't found any suitable option.
    There's a way to achieve this modifing the registry?

:)

imtech, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Limit users to their home folder - Similar Threads - Limit users home

2. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Limiting applications that are on user accounts: I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked...
  3. Net User Command Limitations

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Net User Command Limitations: Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure. 116710
  4. Limit to # of folders in MS Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Limit to # of folders in MS Outlook?: I have a large folder list but it seems as I add more folders they seem to disappear after I close Outlook in Office 365. Anyone ever had this problem? I can recreate the folder and a second later everything that was in the original folder appears. But once I close down the...
  5. How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?

How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?: I am setting up computers for public use. They came pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home. I need some things: 1. Ability for local user to sign in without password 2. Limited access to programs said user (whitelist if possible) 3. No access for local user to files and drives....
  6. Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

Limit Local User Access (10 Home): How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343
  7. Windows updates for limited users

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates for limited users: I am using a Desktop. My pattern of usage is not to use the computer every day sometimes several days without use. When I use it may just be for an hour or so. When not in use the POWER will be OFF. I have set the Active Hours setting. I have also set the Metered Connection...
  8. Limit RDP users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limit RDP users: Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers, each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP, but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer, can i do it? 49159
  9. Limited connected users

Limited connected users: Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network? Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10?? 40644
  10. Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Wifi Limited (at home connection only): HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation: -i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games) -i have...