Windows 10: Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam

Discus and support Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Recently I picked up a new gaming PC which runs the standard software and operating systems. I typically use Steam to host all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielHolmes3, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam

Hi everyone,

Recently I picked up a new gaming PC which runs the standard software and operating systems. I typically use Steam to host all my games and one thing I've noticed particularly when I've been playing for an hour or more is that when I exit any game to the desktop. Certain aspects of my PC will no longer function. I can no longer conventionally click the power button or mess with any settings like Sound or Wifi Clicking the icons does nothing etc and often messaging apps and play buttons on Netflix won't work either, I know there are other ways to do these things but this is irritating and often hinders me afterwards as shutting down not restarting is the only way to fix this. This is more common after an elongated period of play.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated and apologies if I'm missing something obvious, I'm kinda new to all this.

:)

DanielHolmes3, Dec 30, 2019

2. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Windows 10 vs Steam Games

Hi Antonio,

Just to verify your concern, you are having trouble launching games on your PC that you purchased from Steam. Is this correct? If so, kindly provide us with the following information I have listed below:

• What games are you trying to launch that you are having issues with?
    • Can you try launching other games like the default Windows games? (i.e. Solitaire)
    • Are you getting any error messages when launching these games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please advise. we'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam

Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam

1. Limited ability to operate PC after closing PC games Steam - Similar Threads - Limited ability operate

2. PC crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing after closing games: PC crashing after closing games, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a few minutes.Have done a fresh install and downloaded one game to test after updating everything and same thing happens.Please help, thanks! Please see below from WinDbg;************* Preparing the...
  3. PC crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing after closing games: PC crashing after closing games, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a few minutes.Have done a fresh install and downloaded one game to test after updating everything and same thing happens.Please help, thanks! Please see below from WinDbg;************* Preparing the...
  4. PC crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC Crashing after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing after closing a game: Hi all, I'm having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing after closing games. It runs absolutely fine with no issues whilst playing, alt-tabbing, doing everything else like browsing the net or streaming etc. It ONLY ever happens when I close a game. Everything just...
  6. PC Crashing after closing a game

PC Crashing after closing a game: Hi all, I'm having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing after closing games. It runs absolutely fine with no issues whilst playing, alt-tabbing, doing everything else like browsing the net or streaming etc. It ONLY ever happens when I close a game. Everything just...
  7. PC freezing after closing game

PC freezing after closing game: A few minutes after closing a game dead by daylight both monitors will go black, the sound will continue playing for a minute or so and the PC has to be hard reset with the power button. I have tried updating Nvidia drivers to the most recent version.Specs:i7-8700kRTX 208016...
  8. Pc freezing after closing games

Pc freezing after closing games: My pc crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never. The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  9. PC crashes after closing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes after closing games: For quite a while my pc seems to freeze and then reboot very soon after I close a video a game. I've also encountered some BSODs while playing said video games, and I've tried everything. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, DISM, and the Windows Repair Tool, all to no...
  10. PC crashes after closing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing games.: Hello, There are times where the Laptop crashes BSOD when i closes games. At first I thought it was just from Steam games but it also happen for other games not from Steam. Please Help. Thank You! Minidumps Link:...