Windows 10: Limited audio-playing facility with Windows 10

Discus and support Limited audio-playing facility with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new PC with Windows 10. I use Cubase 6.5 music production programme, and when it is open the PC will not play any other audio material from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nyckelharpist, May 5, 2019.

1. Limited audio-playing facility with Windows 10

I have a new PC with Windows 10. I use Cubase 6.5 music production programme, and when it is open the PC will not play any other audio material from non-Cubase sources through Windows Media Player or similar applications. I get an a non-specific error message. The only way is to close Cubase completely in order to allow Media player, etc., to play the audio file. How can I correct this ?

:)

Nyckelharpist, May 5, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 5, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 5, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Limited audio-playing facility with Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Limited audio-playing facility with Windows 10

1. Limited audio-playing facility with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Limited audio playing

2. Why Groove music on pc not having an Lyrics playing facility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Groove music on pc not having an Lyrics playing facility: I request Microsoft to add an Lyrics playing and lyrics search feature on Groove music Win 11. Instead of users searching an third party app for playing lyrics .Thank you...
  3. Why Groove music on pc not having an Lyrics playing facility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Groove music on pc not having an Lyrics playing facility: I request Microsoft to add an Lyrics playing and lyrics search feature on Groove music Win 11. Instead of users searching an third party app for playing lyrics .Thank you...
  4. How to use the Search Facility on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use the Search Facility on Windows 10: Hi, I am probably making a very simple mistake but i cant find documents / images using the Widows 10 search facility. I have watched numerous YouTube videos which shows how to search for images. When I enter the text "Date:" in the Search field at the top RHS of the screen,...
  5. eobd facile

in Windows 10 Customization
    eobd facile: error can not open port 3 at 38400 baud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eobd-facile/c547e411-f275-4fb3-941a-8086849308f3
  6. Windows 10 suddenly not playing audio?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly not playing audio?: What it says in the title. Everything SEEMS to be in order, I've checked the audio settings, drivers, etc, and still my laptop isn't playing any kind of sound. The main volume is up so I have no idea what else there's left for me to do. Even sound troubleshoot didn't detect...
  7. Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.: Split from this thread. This is also happening to my computer I Have a Dell inspirion 7000 1300 laptop. Over the past week or 2 Sound Devices have slowly started going out for a few days I'd Reboot the computer and it would fix it Then the headphone Jack stopped then the...
  8. Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.: Ok, this is my 3rd weekend trying to fix this audio problem and i'm getting desperate. My computer was built 4 years ago and uses Realtek audio drivers. It was previously a windows 7 system until a hard drive failure forced me to do a clean install and since I lost my windows...
  9. windows is limiting my audio levels

windows is limiting my audio levels: Hi Recently I've updated my windows 10 and then after turning back on my computer my audio doesn't go above 50 % mark even the levels are set to 100 percent. Loudness Equalization is checked on my headphones Levels are set on 100 percent http://prntscr.com/m50qlb Can...
  10. Unable to find files with search facility on Window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to find files with search facility on Window 10: I have problems using the search facility on Windows 10. I know this is increadibly basic stuff, but I've just got fed up with searching through the 'family tree' type network of stored files. Even files that I have saved just a few months ago never appear in searches,...