Windows 10: Limited disk space on C:\ drive

Discus and support Limited disk space on C:\ drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this Dell desktop from one of the local Microcenter stores, which was a returned item. It came with the C:\ drive supposedly being a flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeilRazdan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Limited disk space on C:\ drive

I bought this Dell desktop from one of the local Microcenter stores, which was a returned item. It came with the C:\ drive supposedly being a flash drive with measly 95 gb of diskspace. I didn't realise it then, but it is making my computer starving for diskspace on C:\ drive and memory issues when I run memory intensive programs which are resource hogs, like MS Flight Simulator X, or . I know, I know... I can set the cofiguration to store files on Secondary drive, which is much larger drive. The problem is that many programs do not give an option to select the destination for installation or where they store data, or have extensive read/write activity, which goes straight to C:\ . And the result is that sometimes, some web sites fail to open or crash with the message that there is not enough memory to open the page, or run an application. Is there anything I can do remedy this?

:)

NeilRazdan, Feb 12, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CLimited disk space on C:\ drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 12, 2019
  4. nseibel14 Win User

Limited disk space on C:\ drive

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Limited disk space on C:\ drive

1. Limited disk space on C:\ drive - Similar Threads - Limited disk space

2. Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/: Hello, I am losing hard drive space on my drive C:/. Yesterday, the drive was at 90.9 GB used. When I woke it up from sleep it was at 91.4 GB used and now it is at 91.7 GB used. This is only on the small SSD and the larger 4TB HDD does not have this problem. The PC is a new...
  3. Low disk space on c drive

Low disk space on c drive: I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 3670 using Microsoft Windows 10 Home x 64 based. I have just started to receive low disk space notifications. I can't get windows updates. I've deleted files and non-used apps, run disk clean up, run antivirus, run optimization tools...
  4. Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations: Hi, I need to update my OS. I do not have enough space. When I select 'use an external hard drive' it still requires space on my C drive. I have deleted all temporary files, moved all my documents to another drive, moved everything on my desktop, done disk cleanup,...
  5. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  6. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  7. C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space

C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space: My C drive is showing less than 60GB space free out of 917GB, even though I just moved nearly 150GB worth of files to the cloud (OneDrive). So it should be showing over 200GB fee. How do I get the space back? Note: I have already run Disk Cleanup....
  8. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...
  9. Extending disk space in drive c

Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...
  10. Large discrepancy in C drive used disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Large discrepancy in C drive used disk space: Could someone help explain why there is an over 5G difference in the used disk space on my "C" partition? The windows properties tab shows 33.3GB used, but I can't find where it's all being used. If I add up the space used for each folder, it only adds up to 28GB. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows limited disk space