Windows 10: Limited Function Surface Laptop 3and Thunderboldt 3 Dockingstation IB-DK2801-TB3

Discus and support Limited Function Surface Laptop 3and Thunderboldt 3 Dockingstation IB-DK2801-TB3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I connect the ICY Bos IB-TK2801-TB3 to my new Surface Laptop3 15" and get immediately the message that the device may have functional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frabu_309, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Frabu_309 Win User

Limited Function Surface Laptop 3and Thunderboldt 3 Dockingstation IB-DK2801-TB3

Hi,

I connect the ICY Bos IB-TK2801-TB3 to my new Surface Laptop3 15" and get immediately the message that the device may have functional limitations. It do not recognize a Thunderbold drive and the 2nd Screen. For this the bosx is totaly useless on the Surface laptop 3. I do use the box for a Apple Macbook Pro and it works with all connected devices on the box without any problems.

Do I need to install a new driver to solve the problem?

:)

Frabu_309, Jun 7, 2020
  2. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Limited Function Surface Laptop 3and Thunderboldt 3 Dockingstation IB-DK2801-TB3 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jun 7, 2020
  4. drag400 Win User

Limited Function Surface Laptop 3and Thunderboldt 3 Dockingstation IB-DK2801-TB3

the TB3 stopped detecting the monitor

I have a gaming laptop and I got a new gaming monitor 165hz and g-sync capable.I have recently bought a Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort adapter (LAPTOP<--TB3---DisplayPort
    1.4-->Monitor), I plugged everything and turned on the laptop and the monitor everything was running fine, I was checking the options of the monitor from the builtin nob and I turned it off, turned the monitor back on, it show me a notification saying " Display
    connection might be limited" , plugged unplugged to the TB3, same notification. and when I click on it, it takes me a useless page, tried everything in it. and with some digging of my own, noticed that the device is being detected as a usb billboard not billboard
    device when connected.

luckily my laptop comes with tb3 and usb-c plug from the other side, so I switched to the other side, the monitor working fine, but I'm planning to use it on 2 monitors.

now my question is, how can I make my TB3 recognize the monitor as monitor again not billboard.

Windows 10 home version 1809 build 17763.973

laptop : Asus Mothership GZ700

Monitor : Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P

the Cable used : Club3D The USB Type-C to DisplayPort 1.4

drag400, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Limited Function Surface Laptop 3and Thunderboldt 3 Dockingstation IB-DK2801-TB3 - Similar Threads - Limited Function Surface

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Battery Behaviour of Surface Laptop 3 on Charging w/w batty limit on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Behaviour of Surface Laptop 3 on Charging w/w batty limit on: I would like to know what will be the power source when I plugged the laptop with a power adaptor, turned on the batty limit in BIOS while the battery reached the limit 50% charged? Will it directly draw power from the adaptor or drain the batty and charge it at the same...
  5. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  6. undock surface book from dockingstation

in Windows 10 Customization
    undock surface book from dockingstation: Hello, is there a possibility undock surface book from dockingstation 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undock-surface-book-from-dockingstation/bf9f73ec-dc50-4b86-85f9-4b31b26e9307
  7. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 feet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3 feet: Hi, i got my Surface Laptop 3 about 2 weeks ago and i'm wondering if i go into a Microsoft Store and try to get replacement feet as seen in other questions and answers where people say going to a Microsoft store would work, would the person who is trying to get replacement...
  9. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  10. Limited Functionality

Limited Functionality: Hi! Over the several days, my computer is running as well as it has in the past. I ran a troubleshooter for the network, but the result said that it couldn't identify the problem. I came across the "Fix network connection issues in Windows", and I tried the first option, but...